Virginia Hospital Center is now VHC Health™
We’ve grown, along with Arlington and the surrounding neighborhoods, to become the region’s community health system, with locations throughout the Washington, DC metro area. We are embracing the new neighborhoods we serve by bringing community-centered, top-quality medical care closer to where our patients and families live. While our name has changed, what has not changed is our promise and commitment to always provide personalized, high quality care. For you. For life.
VHC Health is a 453-bed not-for-profit nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering high quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC health is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma Center and a recognized Magnet Facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are proud to announce that the Leapfrog Group has awarded the hospital with an ‘A’ grade in Hospital Safety for the 19th year in a row, achieved an Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for the 10th year in a row and has ranked Number 2 in “Best Hospitals” in the Washington, DC area by U.S. News and World Report’s 2021-2022 rankings. At VHC Health, we are always striving to provide continued excellence and growth for our employees as well as top notch care for our patients.
The Donor Relations Officer will play a leading role in the strengthening of VHC Health Foundation’s relationships with donors and members of the community. The Donor Relations Officer will work directly with community members and donors, advancing the Hospital’s mission, through strategic communication, donor engagement and recognition, as well as in-person or virtual activities. This team member will work collaboratively with other donor officers and senior Foundation Staff to ensure that all activities, communications, materials and other contacts foster a positive donor experience and lead to stronger relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field required.
- Four years of Fundraising experience required.
- Experience in Healthcare Fundraising and Donor Relations preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud Analytics experience.
- Support the implementation of the Foundation event/activity strategy, including such activities as virtual events, cultivation gatherings, community engagement, campaign awareness building, and donor stewardship activities and initiatives.
- Working with the entire Foundation team, support the design and implementation of event activities promoting the Hospital. Serve as a primary contact with outside contractors and vendors as needed.
- Actively develop and implement donor engagement strategies.
- Collaborate closely with other donor officers as well as senior Foundation leadership, build relationships with current and prospective donors that result in new, recurring or increased giving from these donors.
- Participate with other Foundation staff to achieve overall departmental goals, metrics and objectives as established each year.
- Coordinating with the Foundation’s Communication Manager and the Hospital’s marketing team, support smaller, on-site events such as check presentations, donor tours, and other donor engagement and stewardship activities.Be knowledgeable on the vision and key programs of VHC Health and its affiliates and be able to articulate them clearly to the community.
- Keep abreast of changes in the funding community, laws that may affect fundraising activities, best practices in fundraising and donor engagement, sharing that information with other staff as appropriate.
- Provide regular updates on activities to senior Foundation staff.
- Assist with setting annual fundraising goals and other metrics to assess the success of various events and stewardship initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate records and information related to donor engagement and stewardship activities in the Raiser’s Edge database and on the Foundation’s server.
- Strategically assess other fundraising event opportunities that may be worthwhile for the Foundation to implement as well as field inquiries from outside entities (third parties) who wish to undertake events which would support the Hospital. Manage and serve as the point of contact for third-party events if undertaken.
How To Apply
Please visit our website to apply!