Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Development Officer (CDO) is responsible for providing visionary leadership and exceptional management of our Development and Membership functions. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication, leadership and management skills, with proven success in nonprofit fundraising, membership and revenue generation at a global level. We are looking for a ground-breaking, global leader with strategic, creative, and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect and passion to take our organization to the next level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- At least 10 years direct experience in fundraising, including at a senior level.
- Experience leading, supervising and managing a large multi-disciplinary team, including the ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance.
- Experience working with current and evolving trends in major gift giving, complex gifts, solicitation, capital campaigns and Membership fundraising.
- Experience in cultivating and maintaining long term relationships with major donors, foundations and corporations and asking for and closing major and complex gifts.
- Experience communicating and presenting to varied audiences.
- Must be able to travel extensively both within the US and globally.
How To Apply
The application deadline is November 1, 2020 prior to 11:59p.m. Eastern Time.
Internal applicants: Please apply to Job ID #49034 in PeopleSoft Self Service. Cover letter is required.
External applicants: Please apply to Job ID #49034 at www.nature.org/careers, or apply directly HERE and submit (required) cover letter and resume separately using the upload buttons. ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS ONLY.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.