About Georgia Alliance for Progress
Georgia Alliance for Progress is a coalition of donors focused on the strategic and financial health of Georgia’s progressive movement – across all issues, all of the time. We Are United by a belief that effective government has a critical role to play in making our State a prosperous and equitable place to live, work, and thrive. We are committed to grassroots community organizing, strategic coordination, and building coalition.
The Deputy Director will be an experienced leader in the development field with a track record of success. They will work with the Executive Director to drive all fundraising strategies that align with our coalition partner’s plans and meet their unique, individual needs. They will create and implement a strategic plan designed to meet or exceed fundraising goals and grow our donor and institutional funder base. The Deputy Director will also provide leadership throughout the organization and be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with partners and allies, working with the Executive Director and senior team.
We seek a passionate, collaborative leader with a strong vision for what the future of progressivism will look like in Georgia and a vision for how to achieve that with an entrepreneurial approach to revenue generation. The Deputy Director will have a deep love for, personal and professional involvement in, and knowledge of the movements, communities, concerns, needs, challenges, and policy issues facing Georgia. With a commitment to intersectionality and racial and economic justice, they will have demonstrated experience in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout their career.
The Deputy Director’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Fundraising & Development Strategy
- Oversee all fundraising operations and create strategic priorities with the goal of expanding on revenue-generating partnerships.
- Anticipate funding needs and continuously identify and recruit potential donors and funders at the state and national levels to support the continuity of important initiatives and advocacy projects.
- Drive Board engagement in the organization’s fundraising strategies, including all efforts to identify, recruit, support, and maintain the organization’s donors, foundations, and institutional funders.
- Serve as the leading development expert, with advanced knowledge of industry trends, providing recommendations for partner funding to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Work with relevant coalition leadership to identify funding needs and draft documents to support aligned fundraising efforts and plans for potential funders.
- Engage diverse networks of civic leaders across the state to ensure alignment and collaboration of statewide strategic plans.
- Interface with relevant local, state, and national partners to ensure strategic alignment of Georgia-based efforts with applicable state and national priorities and efforts and represent the Alliance in meetings and discussions of state and national collaborations as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain relationships with c3 and c4 partner table organizations.
- Serve as a thought leader and ambassador, representing the Alliance in meetings and discussions of state and national collaborations as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and support across the organization including fundraising, coaching, staff development, and management.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure the organizational structure and systems are strategically set up to achieve the overall mission and to advance the work of Georgia Alliance for Progress.
- Care for the organization and the people in it ensuring a culture of inclusivity and belonging that continually strives for racial, economic, and gender justice.
- Support Executive Director in developing and implementing accountability measures and reporting mechanisms.
- Foster an environment supportive to sustainable work cultures where equity is sought after and integrated into organizational structure, policy, and delivery, allowing staff the ability to grow professionally and lead holistic lives.
- Develop performance goals and deadlines, conduct performance reviews, provide training and resources and delegate work to the team as needed.
- Organize the overall workflow and ensure that team members understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitor team members’ productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Hire and train new team members as needed.
We recognize that there is a spectrum of lived and professional experience that will set candidates up for success in this role. While no one candidate will have every experience outlined in the position description, ideal candidates will display the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- 5+ years of experience in nonprofit management, community organizing, or social justice organization.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering philanthropic growth from a variety of individual, institutional and corporate donors; 3+ years working with high-level donors and foundations.
- An inspirational approach to building collaboration and buy-in that generates support for new and existing interested donors and funders.
- Significant care and experience centering the lived experiences and serving on behalf of communities of color.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with successful public speaking experiences.
- A strong commitment to progressive values and connection to Georgia communities and organizations.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills with a proven ability to manage projects with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated progressive mindset with a diversity perspective and forward-thinking priorities.
- Creative problem-solving abilities with a solution-focused mindset.
- Compassionate yet assertive with the ability to connect with and motivate a team while developing a collaborative culture.
- Effective communication across a variety of audiences with the ability to truly connect with others.
Compensation & Benefits
The Deputy Director role is a full-time position and is flexible to allow work from our office and remotely. Compensation ranges from $120k-$140k per year; the final salary is based on experience and will be negotiated throughout the interview process. In addition, as a valued team member, you will receive full health, vision, and dental benefits.
How To Apply
Apply via https://diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/19432-georgia-alliance-for-progress-deputy-director/