About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Director, Development – College of Sciences and Mathematics (COSAM)
Requisition Number S1731P
The Office of Advancement and the College of Sciences and Mathematics are conducting a search for a Director of Development who can effectively and diplomatically work with prospects and donors, colleagues, high-level administrators, volunteer leaders, parents, corporations and foundations, and other constituents to secure philanthropic support that enhances the student experience at Auburn University. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, energetic professional with strong management skills and sound judgment who can perform the role of a major gift fundraiser and unit leader for the College of Sciences and Mathematics Development Office. The Director will jointly report to the Vice President of Philanthropy and the Dean of the College of Sciences and Mathematics.
The College of Sciences and Mathematics (COSAM) is proud to contribute to the success of every student at Auburn University by teaching the core courses in science and mathematics taken by all students, providing them with a foundation to support success in their chosen major. COSAM is a campus leader in incorporating the latest instructional technologies and methods. The college provides research opportunities for many undergraduate students and prepares graduate students for advanced careers in all areas of science and mathematics. For more information about the college, please visit this website: http://www.auburn.edu/cosam/
The Director will manage the day-to-day activities of the College of Sciences and Mathematics, solicit gifts of $25,000 and above to further the College’s vision, and maintain relationships with the College and University leadership.
- Manages and coordinates the functions and operations of a Development office that includes supervision of staff and sole budget responsibility.
- Creates a strategic plan for the College of Sciences and Mathematics Development Office that supports the fundable initiatives for the college.
- Updates and informs supervisors and other staff of goal status, new plans, and project proposals, and ensures that a cooperative team effort is made to meet goals and objectives.
- Identifies potential prospects for cultivation through research, initial contact ratings, peer reviews, development officers, and other relevant resources and conducts follow-up actions.
- Secures an appropriate level of private support in relationship to goals.
- Solicits gifts through person-to-person visits, group presentations, and phone contacts.
- Provides stewardship to include acknowledging and showing gratitude and impact for donating either by letter, phone call, and/or participating in/attending events and functions for donors.
- Develops campaigns and/or presentation proposals related to funding priorities in order to keep top prospects informed, interested, and involved and to meet development goals and objectives.
- Assists in producing marketing materials to support development efforts.
Minimum Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
· 7 Years of Experience
· Proven successful experience in development, fundraising, donor relations, alumni relations, public relations, and marketing/communications.
· Alternate Minimum Education and Experience (If available)
· Knowledge of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) gift regulations, fundraising techniques and strategies, and accounting and budgeting principles and practices. Ability to plan and implement fundraising programs and marketing strategies.
· The candidate selected for this position should have a demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse stakeholders, have evidence of success in cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships, and possess superior interpersonal and communications skills including public speaking and persuasive writing. Excellent organizational skills; the desire and ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team-based environment; and the ability to work in a system that emphasizes measurable objectives which include targets for fundraising goals are required. Must be able and willing to work some weekends, evenings, and to travel extensively. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection.
· Valid Driver’s License
Proven track record of successful gift solicitation in higher education and a strong motivation to exceed annual goals. Demonstrated experience in public speaking, organization of events, and leadership roles is also desired.
Salary Range $78,900 – $131,600
Link for Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29951
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
Link for Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29951