Development Programs Administrator (Gogue Performing Arts Center)
Requisition Number: S1913P
The Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center is seeking candidates for a Development Programs Administrator. The development programs administrator manages all aspects of development related programs, services, fundraisers, and/or events through one-self or others to support stakeholder engagement at the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center (GPAC), which includes patrons, alumni, donors, students, faculty, and staff. Provides opportunity through programs to identify potential prospects. Participates in the soliciting of annual gifts, including sponsorships, through program activities.
It is an exciting time to join Auburn Advancement which includes Operations and Strategy, Talent and Culture, Engagement, Philanthropy, and Communication. Led by Senior Vice President John Morris, an energetic, experienced, and respected advancement leader, this newly formed organization has a vision to lead and shape the future of advancement. It will embrace purpose, collaboration, innovation, and production as core values. Auburn Advancement is committed to a culture that fosters mutual respect, inclusion, accountability, and professional development. It offers a modern work environment where employees are trusted to realize their full potential and earn their pinnacle career experience.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Provides the essential day-to-day management, planning, development, and implementation of annual giving programs/services/fundraisers/events to support engagement and identification of current and potential prospects at GPAC. Ensures that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frames and other parameters.
- Attends, assists, and participates in performances, events and functions as necessary to promote programs. Engages with patrons, alumni, donors, students, faculty, and staff to increase engagement and awareness of programs at GPAC.
- Recruits engagement and participation for annual giving programs. Creates and maintains record of contacts and constituents. Builds relationships by developing and promoting interaction between parties.
- Participates and assists in the solicitation of annual gifts, including sponsorships, through person-to-person visits, group visits, and/or phone contacts. Identifies and recommends individuals, corporations, or groups that qualify as prospective donors and ensures information is forwarded to appropriate Development colleagues and contacts.
- Collaboratively provides stewardship to include acknowledging and showing gratitude for donating to GPAC programs either by letter, phone call, and/or participating in/attending performances, events and functions attended by donors.
- Through one-self or others, completes daily operational duties for prospecting at performances, events, and/or functions to include coordination and organization of activities, meetings, and events as well as activities such as mailings, phone calls, emails, renewals/upgrades, sponsorship lists, ticket subscriptions, etc. Retrieves and sorts mail, checks, and gifts received for programs.
- Responsible for routine tasks associated with programs/services/events to include but not limited to internal or external promotional activities, preparing reports, presenting statistics and updates, etc.
- Collaboratively works with departmental staff to manage and process financial documentation such as vendor vouchers, travel expenses, and employee reimbursements accurately and according to university policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining records relating to Development. Utilizes services of central Advancement in assisting GPAC Development Director and staff to qualify prospects for programs. Maintains records, reports, and information on patrons, alumni, friends, corporations and campus departments relating to programs.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- No specific discipline
- 6 Years of Experience
- Fundraising, marketing, sales, and/or public relations relevant to the solicitation of gifts.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the areas of fundraising, sales, marketing, recruiting, or public relations specifically relevant to the identification of potential prospects of gifts.
Link for posting: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/31538
Salary Range: $39,300 – $65,500
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
Link for posting: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/31538