About the Foundation
For almost 60 years, the Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga has strengthened the community by transforming generosity into lasting change toward a more just and prosperous community where all residents have the opportunities, resources and supports to reach their full potential. The Foundation connect donors’ passions – their values – with purpose, so that they can have a meaningful impact on the community. In addition, the Foundation operates an endowed grantmaking fund, the Fund for Chattanooga, which supports a set of community-informed grantmaking priorities through responsive and proactive grantmaking strategies. The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga is a trusted community partner, serving at the intersection between ideas and action, needs and resources, donors, and non-profits. The Community Foundation currently has assets under management of more than $210M. The Foundation distributes over $15M a year in grants.
The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga strengthens our community by transforming generosity into lasting change toward a more just and prosperous community where all residents thrive. Building upon almost 60 years of experience in community investment, the Vice President of Community Investment will work with the CEO, members of the staff, and community partners to oversee and guide the implementation of the grantmaking and scholarship programs and strategies that advance the Foundation’s strategic plan goals to interrupt intergenerational poverty by creating pathways to economic mobility and to advance racial equity. In addition, the Vice President of Community Investment will assist in enhancing the Foundation’s local impact investing program focused on creating opportunities for economic mobility and wealth creation in underserved and marginalized communities.
Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of the Leadership Team, the VP of Community Investment will help foster a culture of high performance, inclusivity and belonging. The VP of Community Investment partners with the Director of Scholarships to lead strategic goals for the Foundation’s college access program and to align those initiatives with the Foundation’s recently adopted grantmaking framework and focus on equity in education and upward mobility. The Vice President of Community Investment, working with the Director of Community Impact, will oversee the implementation of the Foundation’s responsive grantmaking programs and will work with staff and Board to advance additional strategic grantmaking programs. Also, the VP of Community Investment will work closely with members of the Board and the Staff to enhance impact investing strategies and to identify viable investments.
· Lead the Community Impact Team and work closely with the CEO and Board to achieve the Foundation’s community impact goals by helping team members develop clear priorities and objectives, work plans and measures of success and continuous feedback and improvement processes.
· Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Foundation’s grantmaking and community impact work, including grantmaking and the college access strategies; responsible for developing performance indicators and evaluation approaches to measure effectiveness of each program and strategy.
· Work closely with the Director of Community Impact to continue to develop the strategy, goals, measures of success, and action plan for the Foundation’s responsive grantmaking and DEI grants program, as well as other community engagement strategies including orienting and engaging members of the Community Advisory Council on the key strategic priorities of Foundation.
· Work with Director of Scholarships to continue to develop the strategy, goals, measures of success, and action plan for the Foundation’s college access work and to align that strategy with the Foundation’s upward mobility focus.
· Work closely with CEO and Strategic Initiatives Committee to identify unique opportunities for collaboration and direct investment in projects that are aligned with the Foundation’s priorities and committee criteria; provide programmatic oversight and support the implementation of current strategic initiatives.
· Work with diverse groups of community leaders to form partnerships to identify and develop opportunities for upward mobility and improved financial security for low-income families.
· Work with the Impact Investment Committee, CEO and VP Finance to identify, implement and evaluate opportunities for local impact investments that align with the Foundation’s mission and grantmaking focus and create an opportunity for investment return; evaluate current impact investment activities and make recommendations for program expansion and improvement.
· Work with CEO and other staff to continue to develop strategic investments (multi-year grants to anchor organizations and community leaders), including development of a cohort learning approach as well as measures of success for the program.
· Identify appropriate grant opportunities and successfully secure grant funding to support collective action efforts as well as operations.
· Contribute to building an organizational culture that fosters individual leadership, accountability, and continuous improvement and creates an inclusive atmosphere where team members feel a sense of belonging.
Key Experience & Competencies
· 5-7 years of leadership experience in Community and Economic Development and/or Program Development and Evaluation, and/or Community Organizing and Coalition Building
· Exceptional program development, implementation and evaluation skills.
· A strategic, systems level thinker who is able to see the big picture and determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis and feedback; Ability to float between big picture thinking and onsite implementation of strategies.
· A relationship builder with a proven track record for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders or community leaders that result in advancing organizational and team goals, including the ability to inspire trust and build positive internal and external relationships that support the organization in achieving its mission.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent management skills with experience serving in a senior leadership role and the ability to develop, inspire and bring the best out of a team and ensure they are performing at the highest levels to advance the organization’s goals.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound and confident judgement; excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
· A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusivity.
How To Apply
Submit resume with cover letter. No phone calls or emails, please.