Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. Thanks to donations and support from businesses, government organizations and individuals like you, the Feeding America network of food banks, pantries and meal programs serve virtually every community in the United States — 40 million people, including 12 million children and 7 million seniors.
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships secures donations from, and manages philanthropic relationships with, an assigned portfolio of Feeding America’s corporate partners. The Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding personal revenue goals, deepening partnerships and for the overall stewardship of their assigned accounts.
Salary Range: $66,000 to $85,000+ Based on Experience
- Serves as the lead relationship manager for an assigned portfolio of corporate donors. Leads solicitation, stewardship, communication and issue resolution for assigned accounts. The Manager’s portfolio will be geared toward donors contributing six to seven figures annually.
- Solicits donations from assigned accounts. Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising targets in support of departmental fundraising and operating goals.
- Collaborates with colleagues in Finance, Member Grants, Programs, Supply Chain and Marketing/Communications to develop customized and effective grant proposals, campaigns and stewardship strategies and to ensure effective execution of grant deliverables.
- Implements a strategy to broaden donor relationships across Feeding America’s portfolio of interests including food, funds, cause marketing, employee engagement, C-suite leadership engagement in-kind support, awareness and advocacy, under the direction of the department leadership and/or supervisor.
- Builds collaborative relationships with member food banks to help deepen donor engagement and link partnerships at the national and local level.
- Actively provides communication support to assigned donors, including but not limited to campaign materials review and editing.
- Prepares memos, partnership updates and communications for Feeding America’s network members and Executive Team, including the Chief Executive Officer, as needed.
- Supports the Director/Managing Director and department leadership, as requested. Represents the Corporate Partnerships team on cross-functional committees, special projects and task forces, as needed.
- Travel: Minimal – a few trips annually.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy. Defines clear project deliverables and monitors and reports against progress.
- Communicates Effectively: Effectively communicates project and operating priorities to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors and other audiences. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided. Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication across individual, small group and formal presentation settings.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Actively supports collaboration within and between departments and with key stakeholders. Seeks input and resolves issues with a focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Leverages advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Uses professional experience to fix processes and make improvements to practices, policies, and procedures. Tracks latest practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization.
- Manges for Results/Delegates Effectively: Sets clear goals focused on measurable results and holds self and others accountable for delivering against agreed upon goals. Maintains high standards for self and others and provides supportive coaching and direct feedback.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience, Certifications, and Education
- Five plus years of fundraising or account management experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Experience working with institutional (corporate or foundation) donors or partners, including a history of meeting or exceeding personal revenue goals and stewarding large donations and grants.
- Experience building and executing cause marketing campaigns preferred.
- Autonomous; ability to work proactively with limited supervision when necessary.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
How To Apply
Please click this link to apply: