Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good. We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.
To find out more about Arabella Advisors click here.
Arabella Advisors is seeking an organized and results-driven Associate, Culture and Talent to assist with the administration of vital human resources management functions and responsibilities. Reporting to the Manager, Culture and Talent, the Associate will provide exceptional service to our staff regarding personnel matters, payroll and benefits administration, and monthly culture events. Working closely with Arabella teams, the Associate will play a critical role to support the goals of the Culture and Talent team.
· Provide exceptional day-to-day HR-related customer service to staff.
· Support benefits administration, and communicating benefit information to employees including, but not limited to, responding to specific inquiries.
· Maintain and update personnel records in compliance with Arabella and legal requirements; enter accurate data into all HR information systems.
· Manage employee change requests and process paperwork.
· Coordinate new staff onboarding/orientations and lead orientation sessions.
· Support payroll administration and performance management systems.
· Assist with staff transitions, including onboarding and exits.
· Participate in developing and supporting department goals and objectives.
· Maintain employee confidence and protect confidentiality of personnel data.
· Run personnel reports upon request and help with special projects as necessary.
· Work with the culture team to develop new ways to maintain the Arabella culture.
· Lead monthly culture events within the Chicago office.
· Assist the Office Manager with planning of larger office events.
· Coordinate the buddy program.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· 1-2 years of relevant professional experience.
· Exposure to payroll, an HRIS and/or benefits programs required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create effective presentations, training materials and/or toolkits.
· High level of comfort with data systems, such as HRIS’s, Salesforce or other databases.
· Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges quickly, efficiently and without compromising excellence.
· Demonstrate sound professional judgment and confidence.
· Experience managing high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in human resources; demonstrated interest in the field of Human Resources required.
· Experience in a progressive, mission-driven and entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
· Candidates with optimism, adaptability and a good sense of humor preferred.
A Career with Arabella Advisors:
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work.
Arabella Advisors offers a competitive total compensation package, commensurate with experience and skills.
Arabella Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers:
Arabella Advisors has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for an Associate, Culture and Talent. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact organizations. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated social sector search firms in the country. Learn more about job opportunities at Commongood Careers.