VISION: Our region is a vital and caring community where all children are educated and prepared for life success, all people are financially stable with maximum health and independence, and all neighborhoods and communities are vibrant, inviting places to live.
OUR MISSION: United Way leads and mobilizes the caring power of individuals and organizations to help people measurably improve their lives.
The Director, Development Strategy & Innovation is responsible for the development and execution of innovative and emerging strategies for United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s (UWGC) Resource Development and the achievement of assigned growth and revenue goals. Manages and directs digital revenue strategies and donor engagement teams to increase financial support, and overall engagement of current and prospective donors. Ensures
· Utilizes entrepreneurial and iterative approach to revenue generating program creation, implementation, evaluation and revision.
· Ensures New Revenue Strategies team executes on comprehensive strategies supporting the attraction, retention, and growth of donors to UWGC.
· and review information and reports to achieve mutual goals of increased participation and retention, ensuring the growth of UWGC revenue.
· Supports all development team members with digital tools and reporting, innovation, and engagement strategies to help meet individual and corporate fundraising goals.
· Ensures the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process is managed and leveraged, regularly analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification. Oversees the tracking and evaluation of the effectiveness of strategies, initiatives, and overall results.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
· Eight or more years professional work experience, with five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fundraising procedures and philosophies.
· Proven track-record of creation and implementation of innovative programming, ideally in revenue generating programs.
· Prior management experience, including developing and monitoring budgets, required.
· Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM programs, required.
· Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
· Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
· Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
· Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
How To Apply
Applicants should apply by Friday, February 22, 2019 via the link below: