Read more about us at ww.philanthropyohio.org.
Philanthropy Ohio Job Posting
Position Title: Director, Finance
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Operations & Strategy
The Director of Finance is a member of the finance and operations team, manages the administrative, financial, and employee benefits functions and ensures the efficient execution of daily operations.
This is a full-time exempt position, working 37.5 hours per week, can be based in either our Columbus or Cleveland office and may require regional travel. Philanthropy Ohio is currently operating in a hybrid work environment that includes remote and in-office work; the hybrid work schedule is reevaluated periodically and subject to change.
This position will be full-time for Philanthropy Ohio through 2022. Beginning in 2023, the position will work three days a week for Philanthropy Ohio and be contracted out for accounting services two days per week to a foundation member or nonprofit partner.
Salary range: $58,000 – $65,000.
Philanthropy Ohio offers 15 days paid vacation, sick leave, retirement benefits, medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, and a collegial work environment.
Finance and Accounting
- Supports the Sr. VP Operations & Strategy with the long-term resource strategy and annual budget planning to insure sustainability of the organization
- Directs financial systems including accounting, accounts receivables and payables, budget management, projections, internal controls, and risk management
- Processes payroll; submits state and federal tax reports; creates W2s and 1099s for employees and vendors at the end of each fiscal year
- Produces monthly financial reports and committee reports as required
- Oversees the annual financial audit and 990 preparation process; maintains relationship with independent auditors
- Under general direction from the Finance Committee and the Sr. VP of Operations & Strategy, maintains contact with outside investment managers and implements investments within Philanthropy Ohio’s investment strategy policy
- Manages employee benefits plans, including but not limited to medical, vision, dental, life, FSA and HRA, and retirement
- Manages office facilities including leases, subleases, space planning, equipment and furnishings
- Maintains the legal records of Philanthropy Ohio
- Ensures all licenses and government required filings are processed on time, including reporting for the Joint Legislative Ethics Committee
- Assists Sr. VP Operations & Strategy in developing and submitting RFPs for outsourced services; selects vendors and manages vendor relationships
- Commitment to our core values of Community, Courage, Voice, Integrity and Equity
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, advanced business degree a plus
- 1 – 3 years of experience in nonprofit finance and managing employee benefits
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational, administrative, and communication skills to move projects successfully to completion
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Slack, Salesforce, project management tools, etc.
How To Apply
Applicants must send both a cover letter and resume no later than July 29, 2022 to email@example.com.