Educate Texas (EdTX), an initiative of the Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT), is a catalyst for large-scale statewide educational systems change. EdTX partners with public and private entities to achieve the goal of strengthening the public and higher education system in Texas so that every student is prepared for educational and workforce success by earning a college degree, certificate, or technical credential. In their new strategic plan (to be unveiled early in 2021), EdTX will be increasing its emphasis on equity, higher education, and state policy/advocacy.
The Managing Director is responsible for the development of Educate Texas’s higher education and workforce efforts to increase postsecondary readiness, access and success for all students by building partnerships, leading innovation, and scaling practices and policies.This position is the first addition to EdTX’s leadership team in ten years. This is an important expansion area for Educate Texas. The Managing Director will become the strategy director and thought leader for the improvement of postsecondary access and success, and the new strategic plan’s significant goals in this area, across the state of Texas. Marshalling resources inside and partnerships outside EdTX, the Managing Director will be asked to design, build and execute a new, expanded vision for an innovative higher education program portfolio.
Ideal candidate background:
Educational background: a bachelor’s degree is required and a terminal degree is strongly preferred.
• Work experience: at least 15 years in the higher education, workforce development, nonprofit sector or related/relevant work, with at least 8 years’ experience in a senior-level leadership role with proven ability to develop and manage a comprehensive strategic program to advance goals and objectives and to build, mentor, and motivate the team to achieve this.
• Excellent communications skills – oral, written, and presentation – are essential; Spanish language skills would be a strong plus.
• Experience in building and participating in networks that can inspire and produce systemic change.
• Track record in that shows innovative thinking in higher education, and project management skills to follow through with execution.
• Proven relationship/interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop meaningful working relationships across a range of audiences from top higher education leadership and policymakers to partners, philanthropic supporters, the media, and the public.
How To Apply
For the full position description, please go to: Managing Director, Higher Education – Educate Texas
For further information, or to apply, contact Dorothy Drummer, executive search consultant, at email@example.com or 512-320-9983.