Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies (Schusterman) strives for a future in with the United States and Israel live up to their ideals and achieve more just and inclusive societies. We work to advance racial, gender and economic equity in the U.S., as well as to foster a more joyful and diverse Jewish community. In Israel, we work toward a secure homeland for the Jewish people, a thriving democracy and an inclusive society that cares for its most vulnerable. We aim to drive and support long-term systemic change through investments in leaders, organizations and U.S. public policy.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Internal: Approximately 80%
Support Portfolio Teams on Effective Grantmaking Practices
- Codify best practices for effective grantmaking using evidence-based frameworks.
- Work with portfolio teams to learn how teams’ approach grantmaking and identify opportunities for growth and learning.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate an internal learning agenda that fosters more effective grantmaking throughout the organization.
- Work closely with grantmaking teams to support their efforts to evaluate grantee and portfolio level impact.
- Provide thought leadership for grantmaking data projects to ensure the organization identifies and analyzes key grantmaking indicators.
- Manage two team members.
Impact and Operations Leadership Team
- As a member of the Impact and Operation’s Leadership Team, contribute to the strategic decisions that influence the work of the Impact and Operations Team.
- Support the Leadership Team in developing and maintaining a team culture based on trust, connection, and shared impact.
- Support the Chief Impact Officer with team-wide project management on cross-cutting projects.
External: Approximately 20%
- Engage with external partners to learn best practices to inform our work, including evaluating impact and centering racial equity in grantmaking.
- Engage with funder partners working collaboratively on shared interests.
- Represent Schusterman in relevant conversations within the philanthropic community.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Building trusting relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrating a commitment to valuing equity and diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Managing multiple complex projects across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Analyzing multilayered data and information to determine the most strategic path forward.
- Creating effective learning opportunities for diverse adult learning styles and modalities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to influence and motivate team members across the organization.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- 10+ years of work in philanthropy with experience as a grantmaker.
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience. A graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships across departments.
- Ability to multitask in an agile environment.
- Willing to take the initiative and own high priority projects.
- A high level of personal responsibility, integrity, trust and accountability.
- Alignment with the mission and values of Schusterman, including our commitment to equity and diversity of race, gender, class, and life experiences.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of basic web skills required. Experience in Fluxx a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% annually.
Competitive salary band of $165,000+ based on experience and Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
How To Apply
If interested, please visit https://grnh.se/97b724ea2us to submit an Application.