At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
· We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
· We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
· We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve
The Foundation is excited to announce the opening for Communications Coordinator. The coordinator provides support for the day-to-day activities and operations of the Communications Department. This role coordinates day-to-day administrative functions and CRM management, and assists with event logistics and digital communications (email marketing and social media). A crucial team member, the coordinator closely collaborates with all communications team members, as well as cross-functionally, to advance the mission and goals of the Foundation.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and has a keen ability to manage concurrent priorities. They are self-directive in circumstances of ambiguity and complexity, able to anticipate potential roadblocks with a focus on proactive solutioning, and takes personal ownership of projects assigned. This position requires an aptitude in three key skill sets:
· Highly skilled in complex, fast-paced administrative support.
· Demonstrated success in assisting with event coordination and implementation
· Demonstrated success in customer relationship management coordination including ownership of the Foundation’s (CRM) system (Salesforce) for effective communications outreach, including lead conversion, record maintenance, list building/importation/exportation and overall data maintenance. Additionally, the position owns online event management systems, such as Cvent and Zoom.
Applicants should have a demonstrated passion for the power of communications to influence and move people to action toward health equity in Colorado, and an ability to proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
At minimum, applicants must have a high school diploma or GED along with at least three years’ experience providing complex administrative or project management support and CRM system and event registration software support – ideally in the fields of communications, marketing or public relations. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual and fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish or are multilingual, although this is not a requirement of the position.
How To Apply
The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter on The Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.