The Colorado Trust
The Colorado Trust is a grantmaking foundation dedicated to ensuring all Coloradans have the opportunity to thrive. When the nonprofit PSL Healthcare Corporation was sold to a for-profit organization in 1985, the proceeds of the sale were used to create The Colorado Trust. Since then, The Colorado Trust has provided funding and resources to people and organizations across Colorado that are working to make positive changes in their communities. We work side by side with Coloradans, including people who have been left out of decision-making and are directly impacted by hardships. The Colorado Trust also provides grants and support to organizations advocating for local and statewide policies that have a positive impact on people’s well-being.
The Colorado Trust strives to maintain a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve and aims to build an organizational culture that reflects our commitment to equity.
The grants management coordinator is responsible for supporting grant administration operations throughout The Colorado Trust in a responsive manner to grantees, consultants and staff. It is the responsibility of the grants management coordinator to support the grants management team and The Colorado Trust strategies, in accordance with The Colorado Trust’s internal policies and procedures as well as federal (IRS) and local rules and regulations.
This is an in-person position based in The Colorado Trust’s Denver offices with the possibility of hybrid telecommuting at the discretion of the supervisor and/or organizational policy. The grants management coordinator serves as an employee at will of The Colorado Trust.
- Process requests related to The Colorado Trust’s directed and matching grant programs, including due diligence and payment processing; provide reports to staff and the board of trustees as needed
- Process requests related to The Colorado Trust’s event sponsorships program, including final due diligence and payment processing
- Process requests related to other special projects and events as needed, including but not limited to Rural Philanthropy Days
- Provide ongoing support to the grants management team and the Finance & Operations Department
- Ensure that the grants management database is accurate through system administration and meets legal and audit requirements, as well as the reporting and technology needs of the organization
- Manage and update all grants management team-owned policies and procedures; communicate updates to staff as needed
- Generate database and budget reports as needed
- Administer all necessary approvals on requests, payments and Docusigns
- Administer bimonthly payment run
- Support monthly grants and accounting system reconciliation meetings
- Serve as backup for other grants management team members
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Grants Department staff, senior staff team and the board of trustees
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
The person designated to provide supervision of the grants management coordinator and from whom the grants management coordinator’s direction in all matters related to carrying out the duties and responsibilities described in this position description is the grants management director.
- Nonprofit, foundation or commensurate work experience
- Familiarity with grants management and/or accounting software, preferably with at least one year of experience with the software and database in an oversight position
- Particular resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a cooperative, supportive and amiable relationship with other Colorado Trust staff members
- Familiarity with and understanding of the nonprofit legal environment and tax-exempt status
- A facility for clear, concise and honest representation of The Colorado Trust through all forms of communication and in all forums
- Communication and interpersonal skills such as to invite and sustain the confidence of the board of trustees, staff and grantees of The Colorado Trust and to promote the credibility of The Colorado Trust in the community at large
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, especially across race, ethnicity, gender and class
- General understanding of working within a multidepartmental organizational structure with separate functional elements
- Ability to maintain a confidential stance with respect to the business and affairs of The Colorado Trust and those with whom it has relationships
- Passion for and commitment to The Colorado Trust’s health equity vision, and its mission of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Colorado Trust employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide documentation to this effect upon request. Employees must be fully vaccinated at least two weeks from their first day of employment at The Colorado Trust. Exemption requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Salary and Benefits
$40-$45 hourly. The Colorado Trust offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance and paid time off.
Please apply via The Colorado Trust’s online application system. Registration is not necessary to use this system. Document uploads may be required. The application system is currently only available in English; applicants who would prefer to apply in Spanish may apply via email if needed. All other applications must be received via the online application system. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Please apply as soon as possible. This position will close without advance notice once The Colorado Trust receives a sufficient number of qualified candidates.
The Colorado Trust seeks talented, team-oriented individuals, dedicated to our mission of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado. Additionally, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome a diversity of perspectives and experiences among our staff. For more information, please visit www.coloradotrust.org.