About the Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
The Walton Personal Philanthropy Group (WPPG) provides services to the family of Sam and Helen Walton to support their individual philanthropic activities. These services for the family and their related entities include program and grant management, strategy consulting and grant administration. WPPG is a part of Walton Enterprises, the family office of the Walton family.
About Walton Enterprises
Walton Enterprises supports the personal, philanthropic, and business activity for the Walton family. We are a family-led organization, supporting multiple generations of Sam & Helen Walton’s family.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
Position: Grants Management Associate
Department: Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
Reporting to: Grant Team Manager
Job Classification: Hourly; Non-Exempt
Walton Enterprises is seeking a proactive, detail oriented, and execution-focused individual to join the team as a Grants Management Associate. The ideal teammate is creative in their approach to solving problems and can work independently.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization to foster an environment where all associates THRIVE and belong. We do this by creating:
- a culture committed to continuous learning that recognizes and values differences
- an environment of respect and connection to learn from the richness of identities, experiences, and perspectives
- fair access for all to opportunities for growth and advancement
About the Position
The Grants Management Associate will work as part of a team under the supervision of a WPPG Grants Manager.
What you will do
The primary duty of the Grants Management Associate is to support smooth execution of the family members’ philanthropy through grants management, expense processing and related budgeting and correspondence. Specific duties include:
- Execute on grant and contract processing through all stages, which can include summarizing application information, drafting grant agreements, and reviewing reports and issuing payments, at all times communicating effectively with key internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining accurate and complete records in the foundation’s grants management and accounting systems.
- In some cases, acting as an operational point of contact with donor-advised funds for changes to templates, protocols, and authorizations.
- At times, conduct grant inquiry research and support program staff’s due diligence process
- Generate and coordinate review of grant agreements, contracts, and specialized documents such as loan agreements, and assist with creating additional documents and templates supporting grantmaking.
- Process payments by verifying any preconditions to payment have been met, including all banking information necessary to execute payment, ensuring that all payment information is consistent and accurate, and troubleshooting issues with internal and external contacts.
- Support program staff with research on program-related issues.
- Work directly with external contacts, including grantees, consultants, and advisors, with a client service orientation.
- Track spending against program and/or staff budgets and ensure that all necessary approvals are obtained and documented.
- At times, facilitate and track grants made through donor-advised funds.
- Verify compliance of grants, contracts, and loans with foundation requirements and policies involving fiscal sponsorship relationships, charitable intent in grants to for-profit and foreign entities, and advocacy activities, as well as assess operational, reputational, and governance risks, working closely with the foundation’s legal team and program teams to identify and resolve issues.
Data Systems and Reporting
- Serve as lead for SmartSimple and for any potential future software systems to support grants management
- Maintain accurate and complete records in the organization’s grants management and accounting systems of record.
- Work with IT and other teams to develop and maintain integrated activity reporting that includes grants and other types of transactions by multiple entities.
- Support the creation of materials for board/principals as well as newsletters and other design-heavy documents and data representations.
Process Design and Improvement
- Develop and implement process improvements and manage knowledge documentation for household/family-office teams, including custom templates, procedures and guides as well as program-specific legal considerations.
- Operationalize new initiatives, projects, or tasks in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that protocols are documented and implemented with the necessary controls in place for successful task execution.
Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- 3 years of full-time professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit office environment requiring interaction with both internal and external customers
- Highly proficient with various technology platforms – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of grants management software (ex. SmartSimple Amplify for Grantmakers, Salesforce, etc.) with the ability to work within multiple platforms
- Experience or exposure to working with different funding mechanisms (grants, contracts, loans, donor-advised funds, impact investments)
Personal attributes that support your success
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results-oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
Compensation Range: $69,000 – $86,000
Benefits Information: We offer a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan and paid time off.
*This information is provided to comply with Colorado Law
How to Apply: https://walton-enterprises.icims.com/jobs/1154/grants-management-associate/job