At the Colorado Health Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
The Foundation is excited to announce the opening for a Senior Communications Manager. This position is responsible for the creation and implementation of an integrated, effective, and equitable communications strategy for the Foundation. The senior manager is responsible for a strategic portfolio of projects, campaigns, and initiatives for the Foundation. Additionally, this position manages the creative production function for the communications team, including supervision of staff and communication channels. The senior manager, in collaboration with other organizational functions, creates, implements, reviews, and manages the systems, processes, channels, and practices necessary to effectively produce communication deliverables across all portfolios.
- The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and is highly skilled in overseeing and managing complex communications projects and initiatives, along with supervising key communications staff who support creative production for the Foundation’s overall communications portfolio. They provide seasoned communications expertise to daily work and strategic needs of team through a robust understanding of communications, including branding, marketing, convening and engagement strategies. This position requires an aptitude in three key skill sets:
- Demonstrated success in overseeing creative production needs for multiple and simultaneous complex communications projects.
- Strong foundation in multi-channel marketing required for effective external and internal communications needs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams and collaborate with peers through effective resourcing, strong staff and team management and streamlined production overall through effective processes, system oversight and workflows.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated passion for the power of communications to influence and move people to action toward health equity in Colorado, and an ability to proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
At minimum, applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management, communications, marketing or related field
- 8-years’ experience in successful portfolio/project management in a communications (or similar) environment
- 8-years’ experience in marketing communications
- Three years’ experience managing a communications production/creative team
- Three years’ experience working with cross-functional teams who rely on a central communications function
- Advanced proficiency in project management software (e.g., Asana)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with common marketing and communications practices and channels: email, web, social media, print, media relations, paid advertising, events, etc.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
It’s an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.6 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. We offer a robust benefit and wellness package, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The starting range for this position is $102,500 – $120,400, paid as salaried/exempt, and is eligible for all CHF benefits. This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. We work on a hybrid schedule of three days in-office (required) and two days remote. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
How To Apply
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter on The Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes on May 18, 2023
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.