Our grantees work towards making NC one of the healthiest states in the nation by identifying and addressing root-cause inequities and transforming systems that impact health. We are seeking a colleague who will support our grantees and other partners to cultivate systems and policy change with a specific focus on oral health and the health care workforce. We want a leader who will thrive in and contribute to a collaborative environment and work cross-functionally with a diverse network of grantees, internal teammates, and other partners to implement, learn from, and refine our system change strategies.
The approach of the Foundation is to:
· Identify and act on inequities at the root-cause level, with an explicit focus on racial equity
· Amplify community voice; elevate the experience and wisdom of, and accountability to, those who experience inequities
· Advance health equity as a shared priority in our organization, grantee communities, and state
What You’ll Do
Develop, Implement, and Refine Strategy for Impact
· Build relationships with community members, potential grant applicants, advocates, organizational leaders, state government, funders, and other stakeholders to support the Foundation’s goals while leveraging emerging trends and opportunities for partnership.
· Design and implement program strategies consistent with the Foundation’s vision and goals to scale what works and contribute to population-level health changes and reduced inequities.
· Develop learning and feedback loops to develop insights and recommend changes to strategy.
· Participate in meetings and site visits around the state and nationally to represent the Foundation, stay current on new developments in the field, and bring back takeaways to the team to refine process, programming, and strategy.
· Develop and implement meaningful and reflective touchpoints (convenings, meetings, etc.) with internal and external stakeholders to support peer-to-peer connections, learning, and alignment building, and contribute to ongoing emergent strategy.
Support Grantees as a Thought Partner and Advocate
· Engage directly with grantees – at the individual level, and in cohorts – to support their work through capacity building, connections to resources, and facilitating introductions to support their goals.
· Support and develop a dynamic portfolio of investments including grants, contracts, and consultant relationships. Provide end-to-end management including needs assessment, scoping, developing RFPs, contracting, and monitoring.
· Work with potential grant applicants to support the development of strong and strategically aligned grant proposals. Represent those funding proposals in staff and board review processes, providing key context and answering questions. Create feedback loops to ensure grantee perspective and grant monitoring inform emergent strategy.
Contribute to the Team, Organization, and Field of Philanthropy
· Work collaboratively on a team; contribute to the development of practices and processes to maximize learning and disseminate knowledge to create impact more broadly or at scale.
· Lead with influence externally and internally, including mentoring other staff; creating space for all to participate in learning and relationship building; and providing oversight to contractors, interns, or others as assigned.
· Document and share (through presentations and publications) grantee activities for the purposes of learning, influence, and field building.
· Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement with respect to both strategy and operations to enhance grantee experience and increase impact.
How To Apply
More information posted on our website. An application link will be added on Tuesday, Feburary 8 and close on Monday, February 14. Please include at the end of your resume a one paragraph explanation of why you are a strong fit for the position (no cover letters please).