Title: Fundraising Content Director
Reports to: Senior Director of Development Marketing
Positions Reporting to this Position: Senior Editor
Location: Flexible (within the United States)
Union Position: No
Job Classification Level: M-II
Salary Range (depending on experience): $88,000-$140,400
LCV believes our Earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Fundraising Content Director who will be responsible for drafting and editing inspired and effective marketing materials geared toward the individual donor audience. The content marketing team is charged with creating multiple types of fundraising communications, including, but not limited to, direct mail and email appeals and updates, brochures, website content, individual donor proposals and other materials that advance LCV’s mission and are rooted in an understanding of racial, social, and environmental justice. As a key member of the Development Marketing team, this position will have a large role in shaping the overall fundraising narrative and will work closely with Program teams along with the Communications and Development departments to ensure brand consistency across written content. This position will manage a writing team that also includes the Senior Editor, and may include additional writing support later in 2021 or 2022.
● Oversee the creation of all written materials needed to support major donor fundraising and donor marketing efforts in a way that is consistent with our anti-racism values.
● Ensure fundraising copy is on-brand, effective, and deeply rooted in a racial justice and equity framework.
● Work with the Production Director to prioritize projects and ensure deadlines are being met.
● Manage the Senior Editor and their writing projects, fostering a collaborative team grounded in antiracist commitments and values.
● Work extensively with program staff to develop, write, and present new marketing materials highlighting the work of LCV and related entities for funders.
● Help shape the larger fundraising narrative as a core part of the Development Marketing team.
● Edit consultant mail and email fundraising copy to ensure that language and narrative is on-brand and written through a racial justice and equity lens.
● Maintain proficient knowledge of LCV’s history and diverse and evolving programs.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Work Experience: Required – Minimum of 7 years of fundraising or communications experience. Must have demonstrated supervisory experience successfully managing high performing teams. Preferred – Experience in development, and specifically in supporting major gifts fundraising and stewardship.
● Skills: Required – Skillful writer and editor with the ability to deftly distill complex material for target audiences. Knowledge of various fundraising channels development departments utilize to solicit gifts, including familiarity with proposals, direct mail and email, case statements, presentation decks, talking points, etc. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, exhibits strong judgment, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to collaborate with staff and senior leadership, respond to multiple points of view, find consensus, and effectively communicate the organization’s vision. Capable of managing multiple, deadline-driven projects in a high-productivity work environment. Ability to manage and quickly adjust priorities, demanding a high degree of multitasking and creativity. Strong command of Google platforms. A strong commitment to environmental justice, progressive politics and elections, and an understanding of racial justice and equity principles. Tenacity, a positive attitude, commitment to excellence, and a sense of humor. Preferred- Passionate interest in advocacy, politics, news media, and social media trends.
● Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
● Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Ability to travel for staff retreats, trainings and conferences, as needed. The location of this position is flexible. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Fundraising Content Director” in the subject line by August 11, 2021. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace