PEAK Grantmaking is a vibrant, member-led community of more than 7,000 professionals who specialize in grants management for funding organizations. We elevate the expertise of grants management professionals and foster their collaboration to strengthen the practice of grantmaking. We enable philanthropy to achieve its full potential to fuel change for good. We are the only organization dedicated solely to advancing the “how” of grantmaking.
PEAK improves how grants get made by building experts in grants management and equipping them with the most effective practices to implement in their grantmaking organizations. When grantmaking practices are at their “peak,” more resources are focused on mission over administration for both grantmakers and grantseekers, leading to greater impact for the causes and communities served.
PEAK’s communications program serves a strategic role in guiding and implementing the organization’s outreach to its members, the profession, and the larger field of philanthropy – amplifying the organization’s unique role in advancing effective, equitable grantmaking practices.
At PEAK, communications is a strategic practice that focuses on positioning and promoting the organization’s unique value proposition to its members and the field; developing and delivering high-value publications and resources; continually strengthening the community experience; and building PEAK’s reputation as an investor brand for philanthropy.
Working closely with the Communications team and collaboratively with colleagues across the organization, the Communications Manager plays a key role in developing, crafting, and executing PEAK’s communications program to support the organization’s outreach to its members, the profession, and the larger field of philanthropy.
The Communications Manager reports to the Associate Communications Director.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Project-manage communications deliverables for membership, programs, partnerships, and executive office, including production of resources, presentation decks, collateral, and internal documents
• Support internal communications
• Contribute to development and deployment of newsletters and campaigns
• Manage website publishing of events, resources, and insights, and other updates, including on-demand videos
• Function as digital asset manager, organizing and maintaining content archive inclusive
of photos, videos, graphics, logos, and historical documents
• Manage intellectual property licensing, permissions, and contracts
• Manage projects to continually assess and improve online assets
• Support relevant reporting processes, working closely with cross-functional partners
• Provide editing, proofing, and imaging support for editorial, marketing, and staff-wide
• Provide project management for communications-led and cross-team collaborative
initiatives and special projects
Requirements and Qualifications
An accomplished communications professional, with demonstrated success in strategizing,
overseeing, and hands-on execution of an integrated multi-faceted program that includes
multiple online platforms, internal communications, campaigns, publications, media relations,
and social media.
Essential skills and experience include:
• 5+ years of experience managing a high-performing communications program for a
• An energetic collaborator who thrives in a synergetic, team-centered organization
• Approach work assignments with an equity lens, and work to build personal knowledge
and experience in this area
• Experience with website content management systems (WordPress, Squarespace) with
knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Advanced proficiency using M365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
SharePoint, Teams), experience using a CRM or AMS, and experience using apps like
Dropbox, Zoom, SurveyMonkey, and Slack
• Experience developing cross-channel campaigns in positioning and amplifying the value
of membership, programs, resources, and convenings
• Strong project management experience developing project briefs, plans, and timelines,
and utilizing project management tools like Asana
• Strong cross-channel writing and editing skills, with a keen understanding of brand voice
• Adept at utilizing business and channel analytics to inform data-driven decision-making,
experience with Google Analytics and other interactive data dashboard tools
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Mailchimp, Marketo, etc.
• Experience sourcing and managing vendor-partners, and managing project budgets
• Philanthropy, nonprofit, or other social-sector career experience preferred
• Membership association experience a plus
• Ability to work remotely and engage with a virtual team
• Ability to travel is required. Travel for this position could include attending the annual convening, staff retreats, board meetings, and member events
A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered. The starting salary range for this position is $90,000 – $102,500, commensurate with experience.
How To Apply