Dive into the Heart of Philanthropic Innovation: Inspirational Leaders from Harambee 2023
Join Us at the 2024 Annual Harambee Conference: Let’s All Pull Together!
The 2024 Annual Harambee Conference is on the horizon, inviting you to be part of a transformative journey in philanthropy. Reflecting on last year’s event, we were graced with the presence of some of the most influential voices in philanthropy, social justice, and cultural advocacy (watch the video snippet below). This year promises to build on that incredible foundation.
Highlights from a few of Harambee 2023’s Esteemed Speakers:
- Susan Taylor Batten: As the President and CEO of ABFE, Susan Taylor Batten led with insights that reshaped our understanding of philanthropy within Black communities.
- Baba Arnold Perkins: A board member of The California Wellness Foundation, he brought invaluable wisdom from his extensive experience in health philanthropy.
- Rosalea Hamilton: The Chair of the Caribbean Philanthropic Alliance, Rosalea’s perspective on regional philanthropy was enlightening.
- Nomzana Augustin & Evans Okinyi: Representing global philanthropy initiatives, they shared compelling strategies for international partnership and development.
- Martha Diaz: A dynamic individual from the Hip Hop Education Center, respectively, underscored the role of culture in philanthropy.
- Erica Ford & Donna Davis: Their work with LIFE Camp, Inc and the Universal Hip Hop Museum brought unique insights into the intersection of art, culture, and social change.
- Paradise Gray & Pete Nice: As pioneers in hip hop culture, they offered a rare glimpse into the influential world of music and community activism.
- Celeste Smith & Yo-Yo: Their narratives highlighted the transformative power of arts and culture in community development.
- Pierce Freelon & Junious L. Brickhouse: These Grammy-nominated and globally recognized artists shared their journey in music and cultural diplomacy.
- Cedric Brown & Zenith Houston: Their expertise in philanthropy and community partnership provided actionable insights for effective social change.
- Joy B. Webb & Tim Mahone: Focusing on community investment, they offered strategies for localized philanthropic impact.
- Spencer Overton & Congressman G.K. Butterfield: Their discussions centered around political advocacy and policy change in support of marginalized communities.
- Judith Brown Dianis & Keesha Gaskins-Nathan: Leaders in social justice, they shared powerful strategies for advancing equity and democracy.
Why You Should Join Us in 2024
Building on the momentum of last year’s phenomenal speakers, Harambee 2024 is set to offer an even more enriching experience. You’ll have the chance to:
- Network with Leaders: Connect with influential figures in philanthropy and social change.
- Gain Unique Insights: Learn from the experiences and strategies of top thinkers and doers.
- Be Inspired: Engage with stories of resilience and success that fuel your passion for making a difference.
Don’t Miss the Opportunity
Prepare to be part of an event where the collective wisdom of last year’s luminaries paves the way for tomorrow’s innovations in philanthropy. Register now and be part of this extraordinary journey.