When Liberty Hill began in 1976, it was a daring new foundation that turned philanthropy on its head. Today it is a national leader in social justice. Organizing and advocacy powered by Liberty Hill has changed national policies, launched social change movements, transformed neighborhoods, and nurtured hundreds of community leaders who respond to the experience of injustice by fighting for their rights.
POSITION: DONOR ADVISED GRANTS ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF PHILANTHROPY
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NO
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT POSITION
The Donor-Advised Grants Administrator, working under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropy, is responsible for providing overall management of Grants Administration for the Donor Advised Funds, and for providing support for the overall operation of the Donor Services Program which includes database management, donor advisor support/communications, financial reconciliations, research and stewardship. The position provides support to maintain and grow the Donor Services Program infrastructure consisting of Donor Advised, Giving Circles, Scholarships, and Restricted Funds, as directed. He/she participates in execution of tasks consistent with the agency’s Strategic Plan, in particular promoting social change philanthropy, advancing giving circles, understanding the social change landscape in the LA region, and supporting donors in making a lasting impact through their giving.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Primary areas of responsibility and tasks that may typically be assigned include but are not limited to:
* Implement procedures for administration of donor advised (DA) Funds, giving circles, scholarship funds, and restricted funds.
* Assist with the development and execution of annual plans for the Donor Services Program.
* Monitor progress and generate useful reports for staff, the Board of Directors and Fund Advisors, as directed.
* Responsible for the accurate reconciliation of DA gifts, grants, expenses, and overhead allocations with Finance staff, as directed.
* Utilize grants management (Granted GE) and donor receipting software (Raisers Edge) to guarantee quality assurance.
* Track DA donors’ investment allocations and provide Excel reports on fund progress to donors, based on information from the finance office.
* Support account opening requests and accurately reflect account terms that have been established.
* Assist in generation of grant dockets for donor advisors, along with supporting donor advisor meetings, potential grantee organization research, and site visits.
* Draft grant award letters, grant agreements, report forms, etc. for donor advisors, and maintain up to date
* Participate in Development events, Major Donor outreach efforts, Planned Giving promotion, and intradepartmental communication with the Development team.
* Under the guidance of the Director of Philanthropy, ensure compliance with laws and regulations related to donor advised funds.
* Engage in mutually supportive communications with the Data Manager and administrative staff to ensure accuracy in entries and adherence to agency policies and procedures.
* Disseminate DA communications and marketing materials and assist with donor analytics as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Grants or gift management software and information technology.
* Understanding of current IRS regulations related to community foundations and due diligence processes.
* Los Angeles County progressive non-profit community.
* Principles of working effectively with diverse and broad-based community constituencies.
* Design and implementation of effective workflow processes and procedures.
* Analytical capabilities with accounting procedures.
* Time and workload management.
* Accuracy and detail orientation.
* Organization and multi-tasking.
* Oral and written communication.
* Teamwork and high-level customer service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
* Two to three years’ experience in grants or gift administration oversight or support within a foundation or nonprofit organization.
* General understanding of donor-advised programs and community foundations’ IRS rules, structure and oversight.
* Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel. Ability to operate Internet applications and email as well as external vendors’ and proprietary software programs.
* Manual dexterity for operating a computer keyboard, printers, facsimile machine, photocopier, calculator and/or ten-key adding machine.
* Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time within an office environment.
* Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS – N/A
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
If you feel Liberty Hill could be the right place for you, please submit a resume with a cover letter that explains why you would be the best fit for this position and Liberty Hill. Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements/salary history to the attention of Esmeralda Martinez at email@example.com with Donor Advised Grants Administrator in the subject line.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.