OneWest is a dynamic community development corporation committed to elevating all of Louisville through the commercial development of west Louisville. The revitalization of west Louisville will make a significant contribution to Metro Louisville’s ongoing dynamic growth and vitality.
- Was formed in 2014 by a diverse group of young professionals and entrepreneurs who believe that the clearest path to economic renaissance in west Louisville is an influx of private, philanthropic, and public capital
- Is in a major expansion and seeks $10M to develop commercial, retail and mix-use projects in the 12 square miles of west Louisville neighborhoods
- Will continue to acquire, renovate, lease and sell commercial properties along important corridors,
- Will increase the size and number of local and minority owned businesses to continue the development of a prosperous and thriving west Louisville community.
- Has one of the most dynamic and experienced Boards of Directors in the region. Is an equal opportunity emlpoyer who actively seeks diversity in its workplace and offers an excellent salary and benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, and IRA
The Director of Development is the principal fundraising professional for OneWest and has overall responsibility for its fund development strategy, implementation and results. The Director reports directly to the President and CEO and serves as the chief liaison to the Board of Director’s Fundraising Committee.
The Duties and Expectations
The Director will plan and execute all aspects of the development department, including major gifts, annual and capital campaigns, grants, reporting, donor recognition, direct mail campaigns, email communications, fundraising and cultivation events, and board engagement.
The Director is expected to immediately lead the successful execution of a multi-million comprehensive fundraising effort.
The Director is expected to increase both the number of donors and the revenue to the agency
The Director is expected to expand and diversify OneWest’s fundraising program and increase the long-term sustainable operating support for the agency and its mission.
The Director is expected to analyze data to increase support by regularly improving methods for cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, retention and increased giving across the region and nationally.
- At minimum 3 years of experience as a fundraising professional raising major gifts for both capital and annual campaigns with a sizeable nonprofit organization. We prefer 5 years or more of relevant experience in progressively responsible positions.
- Proven management experiences achieving ambitious fundraising goals
- A successful track record with corporate and individual major gift development and planned giving programs.
- Experience in all forms of fund development including annual giving, grant writing, special events, online giving, and capital campaigns.
- An affinity for and a demonstrative knowledge of Community Development issues and the role of Community Development Corporations
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, professional standards and ethics of fundraising
- Experience in developing, budgeting and implementing annual and strategic development plans with the ability to analyze, evaluate and prepare reports regarding development program results.
- An ability to successfully work with a variety of volunteers, including Board-level volunteers.
- Exemplary interpersonal and business competencies commensurate with the position
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and donor database software.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends, including infrequent overnight stays.
- A valid state driver’s license.
- A completed bachelors’ degree. A master’s degree is preferred.
How To Apply
1. Send to HR@Ashleyrountree.com
- A cover letter
- A resume
- Contact information for three references
2. Be sure to put “OneWest” in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and will be considered until the position is filled.