GHR Foundation is an independent philanthropy of service to people and their limitless potential for good. Alongside our partners around the world, we re-imagine what’s possible when pursuing impact on issues related to Alzheimer’s Disease prevention, Global Development, and Education
For more than 50 years, the pioneering design-build legacy of Opus Group founders Gerald and Henrietta Rauenhorst (GHR) has guided our optimistic and transformational philanthropic approach. To achieve GHR’s purpose, we are guided by shared values, a well-stewarded strategy and responsible governance. In this way, our external impact extends beyond programmatic funding to influential leadership within philanthropy and across the social sector. Internally, we nurture an inclusive organizational culture centered around curiosity, courage, and trust that values both the individual and team.
The Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing comprehensive grants management across GHR and client foundations including all technical components of grants processing, compliance requirements, payment approval process, and streamlined operations; managing the grants data base including effective and efficient data management and analysis; and providing training across organization generally and program team specifically to provide highest-quality customer service to support an integrated system across the organization.
Supervision and Reporting
The individual supervises the Grants Management Associate, reports to the Senior Director of Operations, and collaborates closely with program officers, program associates and finance/accounting staff.
Comprehensive grants management
· Develop and implement annual work plan and budget for grants management
· Design, implement and monitor grants management workflow processes and procedures; oversees the continual improvement of grants management operational systems, processes and policies, and quality assurance processes
· Work in cooperation with finance to process grant payments and provide reporting needed for compliance and financial statement audits
· Problem-solve complex grant scenarios; consult/liaise with finance and/or legal counsel
· Supervise Grants Management team and train and support other team members across the organization, monitor and oversee workload, provide professional development support and planning
· Maintain top-line knowledge of best practice in the field of grants management and regulatory developments
Grants database administration
· Design, administer, and maintain grants data base, dashboards, forms, templates, reports, and data structure.
· Oversee grant workflow processes related to data entry to ensure adequate internal controls and oversees quality control of data to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of grants data.
· Respond to grant data requests including complex data queries from internal and external audiences, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports/dashboards and graphic summaries to effectively communicate relevant information
· Monitor and report on internal grant making metrics, trends, results
· Conduct internal audits to test compliance with regulatory and organizational requirements
Training and Collaboration
· Develop comprehensive grants management training content and design across areas of compliance, technology, and processes
· Develop training and user documentation including checklists, manuals, and other resources
· Ensure success through varied levels of assessment and feedback, and refine training protocols as necessary
· Cross-train Grants Management Associate
Experience and Skills
· 7 – 10 years relevant experience (in one or more areas of philanthropy, operations, data management)
· Commitment to and ability to live into GHR’s values – lead with love; reimagine what is possible; partner, boldly; navigate and adapt
· Demonstrate curiosity and critical inquiry, and ability to research and tap internal and external networks for new information and insights
· Extensive experience with database administration and data management. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with technology, requirements development and testing. Experience with GivingData grants management software preferred.
· Demonstrated customer-service orientation – to proactively problem-solve to seek resolution, and manage pressure-points and balance protocols with user satisfaction
· Extensive experience in training to use technology both formally and informally. Ability to effectively assess training needs and to train individuals at all levels of proficiency.
· Exceptional analytical skills and proficiency in developing reports to substantiate findings and recommendations to management.
· Proven track record of successful project management and implementation including situation analysis, and plan development and execution.
· Experience writing, implementing & monitoring policies and procedures with an orientation towards continuous improvement.
· Ability to work independently and think strategically knowing when to seek guidance
· Strong diplomatic, problem solving, meeting facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolutions skills. Adept at collaborating with others within a team-based environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Advanced proficiency in Excel.
· Familiarity with private foundation, requirements and processes. Experience with grant-making rules and regulations. Depth of experience in one or more of the following preferred:
o Expenditure Responsibility/Equivalency Determination/International Grantmaking
o Direct Charitable Activities
o Fiscal Sponsors
This is a typical office environment in which employees use office equipment like personal computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones; stand or sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3) hours; may need to lift and move documents and supplies (not to exceed 25 lbs.); and bend to file or retrieve documents. Occasional domestic travel is required.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference Job#ABFE244. Application review will begin June 22 and remain open until filled.
GHR is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law for an individual who falls within the jurisdiction of such law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.