About 360 Youth Services: 360 is a powerful organization joined together by a shared commitment to change lives and inspire hope. By strengthening emotional skills, reducing youth access to and use of alcohol and other drugs, and ending the experience of homelessness, 360 works passionately in our pursuit to help children, teens and young adults experience their full potential.
Our values unite us as an organization. They are the anchors that steer our behavior, interactions with each other, and provide a guide for decision-making.
• Compassionate: We wholeheartedly care for and listen to others.
• Empowering: We nurture potential, build on strengths, and inspire hope for a brighter future.
• Inclusive: We accept others completely as they are.
• Affirming: We encourage and celebrate personal identity.
• Respectful: We hear people where they are and are willing to work on judgments we may have towards others while treating people with the highest regard.
• Authentic: We are truthful and transparent in what we say and do.
360 Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of color and those who identify as LGBTQ+ are highly encouraged to apply. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statues.
For more information about 360 Youth Services visit our website at: www.360youthservices.org
Chief Financial Officer
360 Youth Services, a non-profit agency transforming the lives of youth for almost 50 years, is looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer to lead the financial, administrative, IT, and human resource functions for the organization.
Our ideal candidate can manage a variety of financial and administrative tasks, simultaneously. The individual is equally comfortable meeting with the Board of Directors as explaining a balance sheet to a staff member. The right applicant successfully manages both the big picture and day-to-day financial operations while working as a part of a small team. The person will have experience outlining, designing, and implementing the infrastructure and systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five years. With a history of increasing demand and not enough services in our community, our goal is to triple the size of the organization in the next 5 years through both organic and inorganic growth. Looking for someone who is excited about building both a department and a culture of financial literacy.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) executive position, exempts and reports directly to the CEO, As a department head, the Chief Financial officer is a member of the Senior Leadership Team who together are responsible for strategic decisions impacting the entire organization
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership to achieve financial and operational performance objectives including revenue growth, maximizing grant reimbursement, expense management, and overall efficiency measures.
2. Provide leadership in strategic planning and growth opportunities by tracking important financial and operational KPIs, analyze trends and prepare financial models and cash flow planning.
3. Working with the department heads, develop analytical processes and financial reports to help drive service line success.
4. Review, approve and present monthly financial reporting materials for the CEO, Leadership Team, Board Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
5. Oversee agency’s books and records, including procedures to ensure compliance with fiscal policies.
6. Drives the organization’s financial planning overseeing budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow analysis and ensuring cash flow is appropriate for growing operations.
7. Prepare all government contract budgeting, billing, and fiscal reporting ensuring the organization complies with allowable costs and other Uniform Guidance requirements.
8. Staff liaison to the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
9. Serve as primary point of contact to the agency’s independent accounting firm and lead financial response to annual financial audit and other state/regulatory audits, as necessary. audit and IRS 990.
10. Stays up to date with financial accounting requirements and policies under Uniform Guidance.
Administrative Leadership and Management
1. Serves as a key business partner to the CEO helping drive continuous quality improvement in the areas of finance, HR, payroll, benefits, risk management and IT with the goal of achieving our $10M vision and builds a team to support this growth.
2. Build operational capacity and infrastructure by leveraging technology to automate systems and procedures.
3. Centralize financial functions currently dispersed throughout the organization such as insurance billing, collection of co-pays, and fee for service billing.
4. Provide leadership for overall strategy in all aspects of HR operations including professional development, succession planning, employee relations, recruitment and retention, training, HRIS, payroll, and benefits administration.
5. Work with outsourced provider to develop and implement an IT plan.
1. Reports to and works closely with the CEO.
2. Oversee the accounting service that prepares AP, AR, Payroll, bank reconciliations, and monthly financial reporting.
3. Supervises the full-time Administrative Assistant.
4. Hires and supervises support staff as needed in the future.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field. Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
2. Experience: 8 -10 years of professional experience including managing the finance and administration of a high growth division or small organization. Experience creating and driving the financial analytical framework for planning and managing change in an entrepreneurial organization.
3. Able to work in both details as well as strategy. Able to translate and teach financial literacy to staff and board members.
4. Competencies: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexible and creative thinking to maximize resources. Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting. Capacity to be a thought partner with the CEO in solving complex business challenges.
5. Technical: Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting including audit, compliance, and budgeting. Analytical thinker able to solve complex management issues. Technologically savvy, with experience developing and implementing new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment.
6. Social Skills: Must be a positive, engaging, open to feedback, collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
7. Leadership: As a member of the Senior Leadership Team model these principles –
• We value each other and authentic relationships.
• We cultivate openness and vulnerability to challenge ideas not people. We remain engaged and honor healthy conflict. We hold ourselves and each other accountable.
• We value all voices to inform decisions. We seek commitment not consensus.
8. Mission-Driven: Reinforces 360’s mission and vision with the organization and the community.
9. Collaboration: Advocates for inclusion and diversity. Initiates the development of relationships with partners and key community leaders. Inspires others to engage with and support 360.
10. Personal Growth: Models adaptability, facilitates change, and an awareness of the impact of change. Demonstrates a hunger to maintain and learn skills.
1. Position requires evening hours and weekends.
2. Must have access to a vehicle daily, a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of auto insurance.
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter with salary requirements and your resume to:
Joe McLennan, McLennan Partners