At the Greater New Orleans Foundation, we look to create a resilient, sustainable, vibrant community in which individuals and families flourish and the special character of our region is preserved, celebrated, and supported.
Recognizing that New Orleans is more than a city—it is an interconnected region—we serve the surrounding parishes of Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Washington.
Like other community foundations, the Greater New Orleans Foundation serves both donors and recipients–linking philanthropists with the needs and aspirations of the greater community. We pull together people, ideas, and resources; we serve as a champion of civil society and civil solutions; and we help the effectiveness of nonprofit leaders and organizations.
By partnering with donors, we help them achieve their charitable goals–whether that means starting a fund, creating an endowment, leaving a legacy, or just making a gift.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation seeks a Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs to develop and implement marketing and communications programs and systems to support the strategic direction of the Greater New Orleans Foundation. Develop and implement Foundation’s public affairs, public policy and government relations strategies—especially regarding the Foundation’s civic leadership initiatives. Oversee the Foundation’s community relations and public relations strategies. Oversee the Foundation’s GiveNOLA Day initiative. Develop all collateral materials and partner with the management team and the Board of Directors to ensure the best possible service and most effective communications to the Foundation’s constituents, both internal and external, utilizing all platforms including digital and social media.
Develop marketing and communications plans in support of organizational strategy and objectives, especially donor relations and civic leadership initiatives;
• Direct implementation and execution of marketing and communications policies and practices, including both internal and external communications;
• Manage marketing services activities including development and distribution of all Greater New Orleans Foundation literature and collateral, including the website, annual report, social media, digital content, newsletters, and all donor relations materials;
• Develop the public relations strategy for the distribution and promotion of the Foundation’s civic leadership, research and public policy initiatives and actively participate in the design and development of these initiatives;
• Direct, implement and oversee the Foundation’s media relations;
• Help develop, implement, and oversee the Foundation’s government relations work;
• Manage the development and distribution of columns, speeches, op-eds, letters to the editor, etc. on behalf of the Foundation and its officers;
• Ensure that communications strategies are coordinated and in support of donor relations, program, organizational effectiveness, and administration and finance departments;
• Create and meet organizational expenditure and budget requirements in coordination with the President and Vice President for Finance and Administration;
• Direct, implement and oversee the GiveNOLA Day initiative;
• Direct, implement and oversee the annual meeting and all other special events;
• Provide leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements;
• Oversee Foundation’s overall community relations;
• Build, develop and manage marketing and communications staff and contractors capable of carrying out needed marketing and communication strategies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree plus work experience in liberal arts, communications, marketing, public policy, government relations or related field
• Extensive marketing, communications, public policy or governmental affairs, or journalism experience is expected
• Demonstrated record of success in communications and marketing, including digital and social media;
• Solid understanding of public and governmental affairs strategies;
• Excellent and persuasive oral and written communications skills;
• Ability to build an effective communication/marketing team of staff and contractors and to work collaboratively with colleagues on the senior management team and all areas of the Foundation;
• Strategic analysis and problem resolution;
• Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
• Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
• Flexibility to respond to unanticipated challenges and opportunities;
• Participative work style; ability to receive feedback;
• Mature interpersonal style, ability to work well with a diverse range of people.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should email or mail a hard copy of the following:
1. a cover letter;
2. a resume;
3. three (3) references to:
Ms. Sandra Lilly, Office Manager
Greater New Orleans Foundation
919 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUME: November 21, 2017 or until position is filled.