About TCC Group
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
At TCC Group you have the opportunity to develop new skills, gain new experiences, and grow as we learn from each other. You will put your expertise, energy, and creativity to work in the service of doing good.
TCC Group seeks an energetic self-starter with an analytical mind and a collaborative spirit to join TCC Group as a full-time Associate Consultant in our New York City Office, with flexibility on start-up location due to COVID-19.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience with the social impact sector; be extremely organized with a project management mindset; passionate about systems; comfortable with data; savvy with people; and eager to push past your comfort zone, with a growth mindset. You will take initiative, yet also be comfortable working closely with supervisors and in team settings; you enjoy partnering with diverse staff and clients; can juggle work on multiple projects simultaneously; and are stimulated by working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
As our client engagements are dynamic, diverse skills and tasks are required depending on the nature of the Associate Consultant’s projects. The Associate Consultant will contribute to the initiative design, project management, and execution of services we provide our clients. S/he/they will also support the firm’s Core Capacity Assessment Tool (CCAT) management. Typical duties and responsibilities might include:
· Work closely with Project Lead to define project scope; manage and track scope on a weekly basis.
· Manage project execution through inception, launch, data collection, synthesis and decision-making, implementation, closeout, debrief and periodic follow up with client.
· Manage contracts, expense tracking, and updates to revenue projections throughout project duration.
- Coordinate client relationships and maintain regular communication (i.e., phone, email) with client project liaison.
- Collaboratively identify project needs and/or challenges, and work with TCC Project Lead to resolve them.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Review and summarize secondary data (e.g., research reports, organizational audits, strategic exploration, and/or program materials, governance and organizational charts, grantee reports, evaluation studies, etc.), highlighting salient components.
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with client stakeholders to understand key themes, opportunities, and challenges facing clients.
- Synthesize and analyze notes from interviews and focus groups, identifying key takeaways and communicating findings to team members.
- Support survey administration, data management, and analysis.
- Conduct qualitative data analysis and quantitative data analysis using Excel, SPSS or other relevant tools, as necessary.
- Support team in identifying emerging themes and developing framework for decision-making for key client retreats
Communications & Deliverable Development:
- Draft, revise, and format client reports, presentations, memos, and correspondence using email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Produce visual representations of research findings, such as Excel charts, PowerPoint slide decks, Airtable, and infographics.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with nonprofit boards, staff, and other stakeholders in person or virtually using tools like Miro interactive whiteboards.
Business Development and Cross-Team Collaboration
· Support/participate in sales meetings for potential clients.
· Draft proposals, scopes and workplans for prospective engagements.
· Represent firm at conferences and events.
· Contribute to team and organization’s growth by innovating our approaches, systems, operations and processes.
Core Capacity Assessment Tool (CCAT) Management
· Manage CCAT administration and cohort communication for a variety of clients.
- Interface with CCAT platform partners to ensure ongoing operations are running smoothly and being administered successfully to clients.
· Oversee CCAT Facilitator Training process twice a year, preparing relevant materials, managing communications, and supporting TCC Training Lead.
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
· Deep knowledge of and experience in the social sector. The ideal candidate has philanthropic, nonprofit or consulting experience, and has worked closely with nonprofits in the past.
· Strongly preferred:
o Minimum of 3 years of relevant work (i.e., project management, strategy, qualitative research, and organizational development) ideally in a relevant field (philanthropy or nonprofit management).
o History of work with diverse communities and across social, economic and cultural differences.
· Commitment to firm mission-driven values: Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and progressive social change.
· Project management skills: Experience developing work plans and/or tracking systems, monitoring work progress, and producing deliverables on time.
· Analytic skills: Ability to digest, tease out, and report on key themes in qualitative data (interviews, focus groups, research reports), develop analytic matrices, and support presentation of findings in accessible ways to enable client learning.
· Oral and writing skills: Ability to convey complex and often sensitive information in clear and lucid written reports, memos, and PowerPoint presentations. Ability to interface with clients clearly, respectfully, and straightforwardly in dynamic situations.
· Design skills: Ability to present information and data in a clear, concise, appealing format in reports and presentation decks.
· Social and emotional skills: Reflective and committed to personal and professional growth. Confident and comfortable working with diverse colleagues and colleagues in a team setting. Proactive and able to take direction/supervision and feedback from multiple team members. Able to straightforwardly and candidly problem-solve with supervisors to ensure success. Has capacity to form connections and interface effectively with client and in-house staff across all levels. Congenial, collaborative, and committed to strengthening a respectful workplace within TCC and with client partners. Sense of humor a plus!
· Technology knowledge: Skills (advanced preferred, intermediate essential) in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint); internet search engines and databases; project management tools (e.g. Airtable, Trello), virtual meeting platforms (Zoom preferred), interactive whiteboards (Miro), polling (Poll Everywhere, Zoom Polling), and SurveyMonkey and SoGoSurvey.
This is a full-time position based in TCC Group’s NYC office. The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $80,000 (salary to be based on lived and learned experience). We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. We also offer a generous benefits package including: generous paid time off, paid holidays, flexible remote work, health insurance, generous paid time off, a 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability, life insurance, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter sharing with us why you are a good match for this position here.
Applications will be open from October 15 to November 5, 2021. We will not be offering informational interviews, however if you need assistance with the hiring process you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran’s status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.