Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. Thanks to donations and support from businesses, government organizations and individuals like you, the Feeding America network of food banks, pantries and meal programs serve virtually every community in the United States — 40 million people, including 12 million children and 7 million seniors.
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
The Manager of New Partnerships will oversee the identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of new corporate donors with the potential to make an initial investment in the low to mid-six figure range. The manager will be responsible for meeting annual fundraising targets and building holistic relationships with corporate donors within their assigned geographic territory. Relationships may encompass philanthropic giving, cause marketing and employee engagement. The Manager will also provide excellent communication and stewardship to their portfolio and contribute to successful account transitions to the existing partnership team.
- Identifies and develops new corporate donor relationships that will provide strategic support toward Feeding America’s mission and priorities. The manager’s portfolio will be geared toward attracting and developing donors that are smaller with less complex relationships/needs generally in the low to mid six-figures.
- Continuously prospects to develop new donor relationships, under the supervision of the Director(s), New Partnerships within the assigned region. Helps to conduct ongoing analysis of prospects within the assigned region.
- Receives and responds to viable inbound inquiries from potential partners within the region.
- Prepares gift solicitation and stewardship documents, which may include writing grant proposals, grant reports, or building customized pitch decks. Also prepares briefing memos, partnership updates and communications for the Executive Team, including the CEO, as needed.
- Actively solicits donations from new corporate donors within the region. Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising targets in support of Feeding America’s fundraising and operating goals.
- Helps conceive and execute new donors’ cause marketing programs. Collaborates with internal teams—including marketing and communication—to ensure strong campaign activation across national and local levels.
- Implements the prospect strategy for the assigned geographic region, under the supervision of the Director(s) of New Partnerships and the Managing Director of New Partnerships.
- Proactively broadens donors’ support for Feeding America to include philanthropic giving, cause marketing, employee engagement, advocacy, in-kind and leadership support.
- Builds trusting relationships with local Feeding America food banks within the assigned region. Ensures local food bank alignment to Feeding America activity within the region. Sets up and supports joint prospecting meetings with food banks.
- Identifies opportunities and helps to streamline processes related to new business relationship management.
- Represents the corporate partnerships new business function on cross-functional committees, special projects and task forces as needed.
- Provides operational support to the Director(s) of New Partnerships for highly select special projects. For example, supporting the execution of a significant pitch, or supporting the launch of a major cause marketing campaign.
- Travel – Frequent (Between 20% – 40%).
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Communicates Effectively– Effectively communicates project and operating priorities to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors and other audiences. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided. Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication across individual, small group and formal presentation settings.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally– Actively supports collaboration within and between departments and with key stakeholders. Seeks input and resolves issues with a focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively– Sets clear goals focused on measurable results and holds self and others accountable for delivering against agreed upon goals. Maintains high standards for self and others and provides supportive coaching and direct feedback.
- Leverages Functional Expertise– Leverages advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Uses professional experience to fix processes and make improvements to practices, policies, and procedures. Tracks latest practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals– Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy. Defines clear project deliverables and monitors and reports against progress.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience, Certifications & Education
- Five plus years’ experience in supporting high level account management / partnerships, preferably in a national non-profit setting, including experience and track record of success in fundraising or business development within a complex environment.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to engage multiple stakeholders—including food bank members, staff and all levels of corporate leadership—in donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Can manage, motivate and navigate multiple initiatives simultaneously across cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Familiarity and comfort with using fundraising and/or CRM systems highly desired.
- Experience with cause-marketing campaign development and execution highly desirable.
- High School diploma/GED or relevant experience.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
How To Apply
Please click this link to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Job.aspx?j=ovZGefw8