Matriculate’s mission is to empower high-achieving high school students from low-income backgrounds to make the leap to our nation’s top colleges and universities.
Matriculate empowers teams of undergraduates to provide free virtual college advising to high-achieving high school juniors and seniors from low-income backgrounds. Equipped with more than 50 hours of training, undergraduate Advising Fellows provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply, gain admission, and excel in the best institutions. Matriculate is working to build an America in which all talented students have a fair shot at top colleges and universities long reserved primarily for the elite. Seven years in, Matriculate’s model has received statistically significant, gold-standard proof of impact from a randomized control trial.
Matriculate is committed to partnering with communities of staff, high school students, and undergraduate Advising Fellows to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We seek to build a team that is active in contributing to advancing and sustaining a culture in which all lived experiences are welcome.
Matriculate is at an exciting inflection point and positioned to dramatically increase impact and influence the college access and success field. The Managing Director (MD) is a new position responsible for designing and building an organizational structure and culture that aligns strategy and operations, maximizes cross-team collaboration, and reflects our values of equity and excellence while achieving our ambitious growth objectives. The MD will lead and manage the senior team (Chief Program Officer and VP, Finance, and Administration), which oversees a 24-person staff, providing best practice frameworks and coaching to increase individual and organizational effectiveness. This position also will work closely with Matriculate’s Co-Founder and CEO to support strategic planning, revenue generation, and Board engagement. The ideal candidate will be an expert in organizational design, development, and leadership best practices. They will bring a proven passion for our mission, strong emotional intelligence, and extensive experience successfully leading, managing, and coaching individuals and teams in a high-growth environment. They will have an entrepreneurial spirit, balancing an ability to dream boldly while operationalizing practically within constraints. They will see obstacles and conflicts as opportunities to learn and grow. They will respect and embrace the benefits of working collaboratively and model humility and grace when receiving feedback. They will have a strong commitment to equity and an equally strong ability to operationalize that commitment in a complex growth environment.
- Model Matriculate’s values and foster a culture of equity and excellence with a commitment to continuous learning and feedback
- Lead and manage the senior team to create norms and systems for greater alignment and collaboration across the organization
- Foster professional development through training, coaching, goal-setting, and accountability
- Be accountable for the successful development and execution of Matriculate’s operating plan, program, and KPIs
- Provide clear, proactive, and regular communication across the organization; facilitate constructive conflict resolution and creative problem-solving
- Contribute to both earned revenue and philanthropic strategy and execution
- Partner with key leaders to shape Matriculate’s strategic planning process and ensure a successful outcome
- Represent Matriculate externally as the organization’s internal leader
- Passion for Matriculate’s mission
- Authentic commitment to and successful experience building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment
- Experience designing and building an organizational structure and culture that creates alignment and promotes cross-team collaboration in a high-growth environment
- Experience managing a $4m+ budget, 30+ FTE team, with operational expertise in finance, operations, and HR
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to continuous learning and feedback
- Excellent judgment and impeccable integrity
Matriculate’s staff are currently remote until we are able to safely re-open a physical office in 2022 in New York, NY.
Matriculate will offer a salary in the range of $170,000 – $185,000 depending on the selected candidate’s experience. In addition, Matriculate offers a comprehensive benefits package.