Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to the problems that trap America’s young people and families in poverty and limit economic mobility.
We operate with an investor mindset, but measure success in terms of greater social impact, rather than financial returns. Blue Meridian takes a rigorous, strategic approach to philanthropic investing: identifying, funding and scaling the most promising strategies poised to make a national impact Our portfolio of “investees” addresses some of the root causes of inequity and lack of opportunity—poverty, mass incarceration, foster care, unemployment, and more. Our experience convinces us that solutions are achievable.
We provide social sector leaders with the flexible, upfront growth capital they require to reach their full potential. We offer philanthropists a way to amplify the impact of their investments by finding the initiatives that produce the most effective results, while sharing the costs, risks and successes.
We come to this work with a decades-long track record of innovation in philanthropy and a comprehensive investing approach developed at the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation (EMCF). We are constantly learning, exploring, and seeking out new collaborations in relentless pursuit of creating lasting impact at scale that can change the lives of generations.
Reporting to the Director, Development and Investor Relations while also receiving direction from other senior leaders, the Associate provides support for the implementation of Blue Meridian’s strategy for fund raising and engaging current and prospective Partners and other investors.
New York City
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
· Support the development, planning, coordination, and execution of Blue Meridian’s short- and long-term communication activities with investor Partners and other investors across multiple funds.
· Project manage the workplan and operations to progress the development of a pipeline of prospective investors, and engagement of existing Partners and other investors.
· Manage and leverage the contact management system (CRM) for prospect management and team coordination. Run analysis and reports as required.
· Conduct research on prospective investors and provide profiles and background information to inform the fundraising strategy and prospect engagement.
· Develop presentations and other materials as needed for meetings with prospective investors and current Partners.
· The Associate must share Blue Meridian’s mission and be driven by personal values that align closely with Blue Meridian’s core values.
· An undergraduate degree and at least three years of hands-on experience in project management and fund raising required.
· Exceptional written communications skills including the ability to draft presentations, letters and memoranda; synthesize a large amount of material into briefer documents, compose clear, succinct emails and reports; and proofread materials.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills, including a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid, dynamic environment.
· Highly energetic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, able to balance a meticulous and highly rigorous professional approach with a flexible and empathetic responsiveness to the needs of others. While skilled at thinking and working independently and advocating own point of view, respects and solicits the contributions of others.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with and lead people with different backgrounds and experiences.
· Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to master new software quickly. Experience with content management system (CRM) highly desirable.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes an annual base salary that falls in the $70,000 to $78,000 range, the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
 Note: This description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and working conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.
How To Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
· cover letter
· writing sample
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Associate, Development” in the subject line and let us know where you found our job post.
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Blue Meridian Partners, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, familial status, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.