The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Video Producer is responsible for planning, storyboarding/writing, editing, and producing video content in all of its audio-visual forms, including motion graphics. Candidates must be data-driven producers with audience development experience who understand how videos work across different digital platforms. The producer must be willing to pivot away from their normal schedule to accommodate high priority opportunities that may arise. They must have an ability to envision long-term, brand moving initiatives, and roll up their sleeves to get it done.
- Plan, script, film, and edit video and audio — be a master in post-production color-correction, sound design, and motion graphics.
- Develop traffic-driving, audience-engaging content, including leveraging the Foundation’s existing library of videography and B-roll to tell a new or updated story.
- Own full production timeline and logistics of video projects.
- Experience directing on-screen talent and less experienced executives, patients, and others who will be filmed for Foundation messaging.
- Collaborate with internal copywriting and design teams to collaborate on video concepts and storyboards.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar, adhering to deadlines and specifications.
- Assist with management of live webcasts through Zoom, Facebook Live, and other platforms.
- Develop and create still graphics to attract and engage audiences across all social media and digital platforms.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest digital and social media trends and platforms, propose changes as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Marketing department, conceptualize and develop digital advertising material.
- Experience in audio engineering / sound design a plus.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
What you’ll do:
- Film videos — majority of work will be editing, but ability to generate quality footage is essential.
- Outline, script, and edit videos that will be filmed internally by the video producer or by a hired crew.
- Generate and pitch original story ideas for individual videos. Write scripts, storyboard.
- Explain complex things in a simple way. Strong grasp of the power of words, and how (when used correctly) they can engage different audiences. Related copywriting experience is a plus.
- Book and produce complex shoots. Experience managing freelance crews, including shooters and assistant producers.
- Develop creative visuals to explain or illustrate your stories.
- Collaborate with teammates in brainstorms, skill-sharing and co-production.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong portfolio / reel of various types of video work, explicit documentation of role in each project.
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, AfterEffects, Illustrator).
- A strong interest or background in healthcare and wellness – particularly in the areas of gastrointestinal health, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis.
- Demonstrated ability to use visuals to explain complex topics and ideas.
- Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills.
- Excitement about experimenting with visual formats and new styles of storytelling.
- 5+ years of experience producing, shooting and editing video for digital platforms.
- Must have a strong aesthetic eye and cinematic tendencies.
- Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content.
- A personal comfort with data and knowing how your work is performing on a regular basis.
- Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks with ease.
- Able to regularly use camera equipment + editing equipment for hours at a time.
- Able to lift gear and operate gear as a one-person band.
- Experience with all levels of video edits, shoots, and pre-production processes.
- Ability to edit quickly and under pressure.
- You enjoy perfecting the details that matter, and work with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must hold a current driver’s license and be willing to be main vehicle operator in any traffic environment.
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.
Job Link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=31137&clientkey=290516EC989E8E3CD8F9039C8D4973BE