This newly created role will contribute to the success of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation by bringing the tools of consumer insights (qualitative research and quantitative surveys) as well as business analytics to bear on marketing strategy throughout the organization. This starts with generating a deep understanding of the Foundation’s key constituents to help shape marketing and constituent engagement strategies at the highest level. The incumbent will report to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, and partner with marketing and IT teams to identify the data needs and transform that data into compelling stories and recommendations for action that can be used by Foundation staff in communicating organizational impact for fundraising and partnerships, as well as to drive innovation strategies. The Director of Insights & Analytics will be presenting primarily to non-technical stakeholders, so there is a strong need for the ability to develop and deliver succinct and compelling stories. The successful individual in this role will be able to connect the information through multiple data sources and provide insights and recommendations that drive powerful messages as well as senior executives’ decision making. This role will also support the marketing department’s budget and expense management process.
This is a unique opportunity to enhance, develop and deliver strategic insights within an innovative and driven nonprofit organization, dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling inflammatory bowel disease. This position has the option to be virtual, although NYC Metro area is preferred.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Bring the discipline and rigor of a data-centric approach to the marketing organization and the departments we support.
- Ensure a thorough perspective is considered, spanning across multiple functional teams and disciplines
- Share findings with the functional team, other stakeholders, and leadership.
- Drive improvements across our data sources and dashboards, based on the needs of the teams you support.
- Identify areas of opportunity via self-started exploration.
- Put together requirements for IT for data-related needs
- Develop monthly and/or quarterly KPI reporting for Marketing and key strategic plan metrics
- Help the company ask the right questions, and look for answers to those questions in the right places
- Continuously drive innovation and influence by providing strategic, analytical thought leadership with executives and cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Assess and manage data sources and platforms, including collaborating with IT and Digital Marketing on marketing database and vendors for third-party data.
- Align with cross-functional partners on the definition of a unique customer for analytics and campaigns. Collaborate with IT and other department to ensure appropriate data collection and integrity.
- Advise the company and guide the team on measurement areas such as Marketing Mix Model, Multi-Touch Attribution, Cost of Acquisition, Lifetime Value, and testing.
- Guide ongoing and ad-hoc marketing research efforts, including customer satisfaction and brand awareness measurement.
- Identify opportunities to leverage external data to inform future analysis.
- Degree in quantitative or analytical discipline, Masters degree preferred.
- The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job
- Ensure effective communication out to all key stakeholders to create awareness of insights and trends
- Proactively identify key business questions and measure key performance indicators across the organization
- Maintain industry awareness regarding trends, competitive threats, and product perceptions
- Helps to identify and build data and metric requirements – establishes relevant KPIs. Ensures regular tracking and reporting.
- Leverages primary and secondary data and CI to generate market insights, provide BU/brand strategy support, measure marketing impact, and manage brand performance tracking.
- Get hands-on with analysis, coding and execution,
- Use hypothesis-testing statistical analyses to guide test-and-learn experiments across marketing and growth product teams
- Develop strategic and tactical insights and analytics plan with a focus on return on investment
- Ability to simplify complexity and translate data into impactful statements and business recommendations for the company at large
- Superior communication skills (verbally and written) and ability to translate data for an executive-level audience, including the ability to develop compelling data presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated track record of collaboration with others to solve difficult problems and drive business improvement.
- Blends analytical and marketing, expertise, and brings a “consultative” approach to the business.
- Reviews weekly, monthly or quarterly data to find key trends or issues that may impact the organization.
- Strong understanding of marketing and media principals, data sources and analytics. Outstanding business acumen, strategic thinking, leadership skills and curiosity
- Ability to access, manipulate and synthesize raw data, analysis and market research to derive insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive, results-driven environment, and to learn and become proficient with new and emerging technologies.
- Tremendous attention to detail and desire to understand the underlying reality of the business operations, data, audience characteristics, etc.
- Initiative, a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, accountability for results, the ability to bring structure to unstructured spaces, and an appetite to drive outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or related advanced technical degree preferred such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Operations Research.
- 5+ years of experience with business and marketing analytics, ideally within the healthcare or non-profit sectors. Familiarity with Marketing data sources such as google analytics, CRM, etc.
- Strong knowledge of customer surveys and other marketing research techniques. Experience building surveys and hands-on experience using DIY market research platforms.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Highly skilled in analytical software such as SAS, SPSS, SAS, R, Cognos, and/or SQL Server preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Budget management experience required
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.
Job link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=31122&clientkey=290516EC989E8E3CD8F9039C8D4973BE