The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Senior Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Special Events) implements fundraising strategies which generate revenue in support of the Foundation’s mission. The Manager partners with leadership volunteers and committees to influence growth and drive success. The Manager will implement best practices and cultivate partnerships and alliances which will result in growth and awareness in the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in planning, directing and implementing special events
- Analyze and improve existing events by ensuring best practices are implemented
- Recruit and engage volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising strategies that lead to revenue growth
- Prepare and manage budget (income and expenses) and work plan (with timeline and deliverables) for the successful completion of fundraising event, programs and activities
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director
- Conduct planning and evaluative meetings with the Executive Director and assigned volunteers relative to each fundraising event
- Oversee the production of all collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Serve as the liaison and event coordinator for Board of Directors, working in partnership with senior management team members.
- Organize board meetings trips to coordinating logistics, collecting and preparing board materials, and assisting board members with travel arrangements, lodging and other items as needed.
- Staff the Executive, Communications and Volunteer Engagement Committees of the board as well as support other board committees as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• 5-7 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
• Demonstrated success in the recruitment, engagement, and cultivation of high-impact volunteers.
• Strong leadership skills in volunteer engagement.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with public speaking ability that will inspire and motivate others.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to teach, mentor and coach volunteers to achieve results.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors.
• Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• High level of diplomacy, patience and flexibility.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Significant experience and knowledge of Special Events Planning and best practices. Experience as part of an organization’s management team, partnering with staff in the development and implementation of creative event planning strategies. Ability to use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team. Facilitate the completion of team goals by developing direction, structure, and commitment. Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines while paying exceptionally close attention to detail.
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.