Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM’s VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
The Managing Director of Advancement (MDoA) will report to the Executive Director and serve as a member of DREAM’s Management Team. In concert with the Executive Director, the Managing Director of Advancement will inform, implement, and articulate a comprehensive fundraising strategy, focusing on institutional, corporate, and individual donors (including major donors and prospects).
The MDoA is responsible for managing a robust fundraising program that raises over $20 million annually through a combination of major gifts, corporate sponsorships, institutional giving and fundraising events. The MDoA will manage an experienced fundraising team charged with maintaining and evolving DREAM’s creative approach to increasing revenue and in-kind support to fulfill the organization’s mission. The MDoA will also work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to drive a capital campaign for DREAM’s exciting next phase of growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, lead the advancement team in implementing a comprehensive fundraising strategy aligned with the organizations’ goals and priorities in partnership with the MD of Advancement Strategy & Operations and MD of Communications and Brand;
- Partner with and support the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Ambassadors in advancing DREAM’s fundraising goals. Work closely with the Board and Ambassadors to inspire greater participation with fundraising efforts, capitalizing on the resources, talents, and networks that the Board and Ambassadors offer;
- Drive the stewardship of both the Board of Directors and Ambassadors as well as the recruitment of new members with an eye towards diversifying with a focus on age, race, gender, ethnicity and profession;
- Motivate, coach, and manage the fundraising team to ensure professional growth and attainment of team-wide and individual goals;
- Serve as a member of DREAM’s Management Team and leverage the departments, teams, and programs that the team represents as a cultivation tool for donors, foundations, and other partners interested in supporting our mission;
- Steward and grow the pipeline of major gift donors, consistently reviewing and replenishing the pipeline to facilitate donor growth and engagement;
- Manage a portfolio of individual and corporate donors, including the direct solicitation of major gifts and planned giving;
- Support in building the institutional giving strategy including managing key relationships with philanthropic leaders and overseeing an institutional giving team that identifies, cultivates, and sustains multi-year foundation partnerships that provide long-term sustainability for the organization;
- With the Executive Director, oversee the planning, execution, and follow-up to virtual and (eventually) in-person fundraising events. With the team, continue to monitor evolving post-COVID event guidelines and create sound event strategies for DREAM.
- Partner with MD of Advancement Strategy & Operations in fundraising operations that enhance agency operations, with a particular focus on alignment between the development and finance teams;
- Develop and carefully manage your budget ensuring that funds are spent efficiently and effectively in support of DREAM’s mission;
- Monitor key fundraising innovations and philanthropic issues and provide recommendation actions to the Executive Director;
- Reinforce a culture of philanthropy among all staff, volunteers and donors;
- Support and partner with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in other fundraising-related initiatives as needed.
- A strategic thinker with a relentless focus on improving systems, coordinating efforts, using data to drive decision making and an unwavering commitment to reaching goals;
- A proven track record of success in team leadership and developing people;
- Successful leadership achieving fundraising goals in an executive role in a nonprofit organization. An exemplary reputation with stature and credibility;
- Proven ability for bringing together different departments within an organization to work together toward a shared vision and goals;
- Ground-level experience as a fundraiser and/or in sales with a proven track record of success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and securing major gifts;
- An ability to secure funding from diverse sources – including major donors, foundations, and corporations;
- Demonstrated ability to leverage government support. Success designing and managing comprehensive campaigns to secure both operating and capital funding;
- A commitment to diversity, specifically, the ability to interact professionally with dedicated Board and staff members who have diverse backgrounds, professional skills and perspectives;
- Flexibility and a proven ability to innovate and find creative solutions to challenges;
- A working knowledge of the New York City funding community, its leaders and trends;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
How To Apply
Visit https://jobs.lever.co/wearedream/c31920d8-77a5-4926-b8f1-67a2d36697ed?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=External%20boards to apply.