JPB’s mission is to advance opportunity and justice in the US by reducing poverty, sustaining and enriching our environments, and furthering breakthrough medical research. Through our three core areas of focus – Poverty, Environment, and Medical Research – we work to eliminate systemic injustices that prevent people from thriving. We are dedicated to long-lasting, systemic change. That means we commit to our partners for the long haul, trusting in the strength and vision of the organizations we support to address some of our country’s most entrenched problems.
JPB was founded in 2011 by Barbara Picower, the current president of the Foundation and Chair of the Board, with funds bequeathed by her late husband, Jeffry. In April 2023, JPB announced the selection of Deepak Bhargava as its next President, succeeding Picower, who will transition into a president emerita role in February 2024. Over the last 10 years, JPB has grown to be one of the largest US foundations, awarding over $1B in grants across our programs.
The JPB Foundation (JPB) is pleased to seek applications for the position of Finance & Operations Associate. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Finance & Operations Associate will provide a range of administrative and project support to the finance team, assist with operational projects as needed, and communicate and liaise across the Foundation to provide assistance with tracking, reporting, and reconciliation in financial and operational function areas.
The Finance & Operations Associate will join the Finance team and can expect to engage in the following responsibilities and areas of work:
- Manage credit card expense reconciliation in our expense portal (Concur) to ensure proper documentation and reimbursement. Build relationships with, support, and collaborate with Foundation staff to ensure timely and accurate reconciliation, tracking, and documentation of expenses, including travel and related charges.
- Assist with financial reporting. Track grant activity through the Foundation’s grants management software, Fluxx, including running reports. Assist finance team in creating and running reporting packages for other departments and executives and creating presentations, as necessary.
- Manage and track subscription payments and vendor information and payments. Develop and provide communication to new vendors on account set up and track and report on subscriptions across the Foundation’s departments. Manage vendor portals and make payments to vendors on an ongoing basis.
- Manage changes to the Foundation’s corporate credit card. Manage credit card processes for new and leaving employees, name changes, lost cards, and communication with the credit card vendor.
- Serve as a main point of contact for finance and operations questions and provide administrative support to the finance team. Field questions and provide answers where possible, redirecting inquiries to other team members as needed. Support meeting scheduling, communications, and other administrative activities for the finance team.
- Provide support on special projects for the Chief Finance Officer, Chief Operating Officer and other operations and finance team members. This includes the opportunity to identify and lead projects that support process and systems improvement within operational and financial functions.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications below, the ideal candidate will have many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years of office experience
- Interest in an operational or financial career in philanthropy or nonprofits
- Strong project planning/time management skills and attention to detail for self and others
- Proven ability to provide thoughtful, timely communication and follow up
- Experience using technology, data systems, and cloud computing, including with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Orientation towards customer service and support for others, and a willingness to take on tasks as needed
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Sound judgement and integrity
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- A commitment to social justice and the mission of JPB
SALARY & BENEFITS
The targeted starting salary range for this position is $65,000 – 75,000, based on experience. JPB offers an extensive and generous benefits package including health insurance (with 100% of the premiums paid for employees, spouses, domestic partners, and qualified family members), paid time off (including last week of the year), 401(k) retirement plan with 12% employer contribution, and access to an inclusive family building reimbursement plan. JPB provides up to $5,000 annually for professional development and the opportunity to recommend an annual grant to the nonprofit of your choice.
WORKING WITH JPB
We believe that diversity is critical to our mission, and we value an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experiences related to our programs and applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals. The JPB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate in employment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age or sexual orientation.
This position is based in Manhattan, NY. Following health and safety guidelines and putting in place robust health and safety guidelines, JPB staff has returned to the office on a hybrid schedule, currently working three days in the office and up to two days remotely. JPB has approached our return to work conservatively and is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees. Consistent with JPB’s mandatory vaccination policy, all new hires (except those granted reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law) are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted (with the booster of their choice) for COVID-19.
Apply online on the below link.