The Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE) is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion.
ABFE is currently seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our finance and administration team in New York City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including grant management and budget review and analysis.
2. Assist with cash flow analysis and monitoring the bank accounts on a weekly basis.
3. Assist in the annual audit process and prepare audit schedules.
4. Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting.
5. Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
6. Oversee and manage vendor records, Insurance Certificates and Contracts and compile all necessary paperwork for Workers comp Audits.
7. Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
8. Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements and reconciliations between QuickBooks and Donor Perfect.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software and at least 2 years experience with Accounts
- Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect is desirable but not necessary.
- Prior experience doing account reconciliations is a must, non-profit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and proficiency in Excel and Word.
- College degree in Finance or Accounting is a must.
At least 2 solid years of non-profit accounting.
Interested candidates please forward a cover letter and copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Staff Accountant in the subject line.