Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC.
Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the foundation’s service needs and business requirements.
All personnel decisions are made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law (each a “protected characteristic”).
This policy applies to all our activities, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge. This policy also bans discriminatory harassment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on prior arrest or conviction.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a Human Resources (HR) Assistant to work with the Human Resources (HR) Specialist assisting with HR-related tasks – primarily recruitment-related functions and other administrative tasks that may arise in our 60+ person organization.
- Assist the HR Specialist with administrative tasks such as curating the Wellspring Jobs and Internship Outlook Accounts.
- Post all Wellspring Job Descriptions externally.
- Arrange interviews with candidates, including sending calendar invitations to interviewers.
- Set up onboarding itineraries and send out calendar invitations to new hires’ calendars.
- Prepare Welcome/Onboarding Packets for new hires.
- Prepare Offboarding Packets for staff separating the organization.
- Update and maintain the human resources information in our intranet.
- Coordinate with Office Managers to schedule interviews with key staff
- Assist with logistics to ensure smooth recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes.
- Sign-up new hires in Paid Time System and help edit changes requested by staff.
- Perform other administrative and research duties, as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
- One or two years of administrative experience in a professional office environment coordinating basic projects, performing complex scheduling, and writing correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience required.
- Interest/experience in HR-related tasks and duties.
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, human rights and social justice issues.
- Strong English language writing, synthesizing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional judgment and ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work both independently and collaboratively
- Initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in a nonprofit grantmaking, advocacy, or social justice environment HR-related experience.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $50,000 – $55,000 based on experience. Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
How To Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “[Your name]— HR Assistant.” All applications must include:
- a resumé;
- a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i.e. job portal, referral, etc.) and salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range); and
- two academic or professional reference; no personal references will be accepted.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: At this time our preference is that applicants have work authorization to work in the United States. If you need sponsorship, please let us know in your cover letter.
The application deadline is January 26th, 2018.