About the Licking County Foundation
Licking County Foundation is a public charitable organization made up of a diverse collection of funds given by caring individuals, businesses, and organizations that have a common concern for the well-being of the people of Licking County. Its mission is to “…improve the quality of life for all citizens of Licking County.” To that end, the Licking County Foundation:
• Builds permanent charitable assets to use on behalf of the whole community.
• Invests and manages funds wisely and distributes grants in a timely and equitable manner in keeping with the needs of the community and the intent of donors.
• Maintains and enhances the educational, social, cultural, health, and civic resources of the community through the support of qualified charitable organizations.
• Provides philanthropic leadership that inspires citizens, stimulates change, and supports efforts to improve the quality of life in the community.
In 2021, LCF disbursed $4.1 million to the community through grants to organizations that meet a wide range of needs, and scholarships to allow students to pursue education and career goals.
The Licking County Foundation has announced a search for its next President to step into the leadership role in the second half of 2023. The next President of the Licking County Foundation will inherit the helm of a strong, stable, and highly-respected community foundation at a pivotal time in Licking County’s growth. The search committee is focused on identifying and recruiting a talented, experienced leader who recognizes the importance of philanthropy and the role it plays in enhancing the vitality and opportunity in Licking County. The right candidate will be both innovative and collaborative and will share our vision for the role of the Licking County Foundation in carrying out its mission.
The President is expected to provide strategic leadership in achieving organizational goals and financial targets while growing and expanding the value of the Foundation to the Licking County community by:
• Assisting the Governing Committee in their oversight and stewardship of the Foundation’s financial assets.
• Supervising and developing staff while overseeing day-to-day operations.
• Developing and executing programs to expand donor services and increase gifts.
• Broadening community partnerships.
• Ensuring implementation and evaluation of strategic grantmaking plans.
• Securing sound financial management practices and maintaining a sustainable operating model.
• Continuously developing branding and marketing assets.
• Serving as the Foundation’s principal spokesperson to raise the visibility and awareness of its role in the communities it serves.
• Being fully responsible for public accountability and legal obligations of the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience for the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a blend of the following:
• At least five years of related professional experience in a community foundation or other grantmaking organization.
• Experience in a senior position in nonprofit, private, community-based, or governmental organizations with a responsibility to a Board of Directors.
• Experience raising funds from a variety of sources, particularly individuals.
• Strong understanding of investment management and complex financial administration.
• Proven experience with developing and implementing strategic, tactical, and operational plans and executing outcomes, solving complex issues, and successfully leading staff in fulfilling the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Proven record of working effectively with staff, committees, volunteers, boards, and a wide variety of constituencies, as well as demonstrated consensus-building skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a job-related discipline and advanced philanthropic training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have a blend of the following:
• Possess a working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with charitable giving and community foundations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and foundation-related, web-based software.
• Demonstrates excellent judgment and personal and professional integrity.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and public relations skills, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent personal relationship-building skills with the ability to make an “ask”.
• Ability to inspire trust and confidence and lead a team with compassion, transparency, and flexibility.
• Working knowledge of trust-based philanthropy.
• Working knowledge of the Licking County area and Central Ohio region, its nonprofit landscape, business and community leaders, and philanthropic and civic organizations.
• Working knowledge of accounting, finance, and financial analysis to effectively oversee the management of assets. Experience with financial statements and investment performance reports.
• Working knowledge of charitable and planned giving vehicles and the laws and regulations relative to the field.
• Well-developed research skills and the ability to synthesize new information.
• Politically astute and able to navigate a complex social network.
Residence in Licking County is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
The minimum starting salary is $132,000 with a competitive benefits package.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and letter of interest no later than Friday, May 12 to email@example.com. All submissions are confidential.