The New England Grassroots Environment Fund (Grassroots Fund) is a 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to energize and nurture long term civic engagement in local initiatives that create and maintain healthy, just, safe and environmentally sustainable communities.
Our program work:
• fosters innovation by providing direct grant support,
• convenes changemakers through our RootSkills Training Series and Catalyst Conversations,
• amplifies voices through Trend Reports and our participatory processes; and
• reimagines philanthropy through our shared decision-making model.
The Grassroots Fund works to co-create healthy and sustainable communities throughout New England by providing individuals and groups – particularly those who have been marginalized – with access to the tools, resources and connections they need to achieve environmental and social justice. Our Guiding Values are fundamental to our mission, functions and programs.
The Grassroots Fund seeks a dynamic and collaborative individual who has an established record of work in marginalized communities and experience in designing and delivering external communications. The Program Manager – Communications & Young Adult Leaders grant program will coordinate with all staff to implement the organization’s communications plan and design and deliver a comprehensive set of external communications, including eNews stories, quarterly trend emails, grant program deadline reminders and event notifications, social media, blogs and media releases. As part of the communications priorities, the Program Manager will work with fellow program staff to assist in targeted promotion of grant opportunities, trainings and convenings throughout the year.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this Program Manager will oversee the Young Adult Leader grant program, playing an active role in the recruitment and facilitation throughout the grant review process.
The Program Manager responsibilities include:
• Co-facilitate the development and lead implementation and evaluation of an annual communications plan that operationalizes the Fund’s brand platform;
• Oversee the generation of communications content (website, eNews, printed materials), in collaboration with all staff, that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action/behavior;
• Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as test the effectiveness of communications activities;
• Co-facilitate the spring ‘Young Adult Leaders’ grant program, including applicant support, grant application intake, facilitating of participatory grant review process and management of grant awards.
• Coordinate and deliver regular program-related ‘Catalyst Calls’ for Young Adult Leader grantees
• Assist, as-needed, in semiannual ‘Grow’ grant review
How To Apply
Please submit a single PDF that contains a cover letter, current résumé and the names and contact information of at least three professional references. We will begin review/interviews as applications are received with priority given to applications received by October 24th, 2018. Please send your PDF application file to: email@example.com. Please direct any questions to email only.