The YMCA of Metro North has a long history of providing many communities throughout the Northern suburbs of Boston with outstanding programs and services for youth, adults and families. Serving the communities of Lynn, Peabody, Saugus, Melrose, Nahant, Revere, Lynnfield and Stoneham. As one of Massachusetts leading nonprofits, we are committed to strengthening communities by improving health, empowering youth, and activating people for good. Every day, the YMCA of Metro North welcomes and connects thousands of men, women and children to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has access to its programs and services. For more than 165 years, the YMCA has been creating communities of caring individuals who are committed to assuring that everyone is reaching his or her fullest potential.
We are seeking an experienced Vice President of Development who desires to join a team of talented senior leaders, committed to supporting our network of branches, programs and services. The goal of our “team” is assure the success and efficacy of our branch network. Join us at the YMCA of Metro North and make a lasting difference in the lives of those we serve.
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Development has the responsibility for implementation of the YMCA of Metro North’s Financial Development strategies and initiatives. This includes but is not limited to Capital project fundraising, Annual Campaign, Government and Foundation Grants and Endowment Development efforts. The Chief Development Officer (CDO) is a member of the Senior Management team and as such, plays a major role in setting the direction of the Association. He/she will work with the existing team of an Annual Fundraising Director as well as a Grants and Foundations Director, work with the Association Board, and support the President/CEO’s fundraising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with development staff and senior leadership to project, track and meet fundraising goals.
• Create annual business plan to meet philanthropic financial goals, analyze results and adjust plans accordingly.
• Identify and cultivate prospective YMCA donors
• Manage team of six fundraisers in advancement of fundraising goals.
• Support the expansion of endowment and legacy giving.
• Support marketing efforts as related to philanthropy.
• Serve as prospect manager for 25+ major donor prospects (including prospect research and strategy development).
• Work closely with CEO to define new initiatives designed to increase the donor base.
• Collaborate with CEO and Leadership team on identification, cultivation and stewardship opportunities for major gifts donors and prospects.
• Participate in solicitations as appropriate.
• Compose special proposals and letters to major gifts donors as appropriate.
• Research prospects and donors as needed.
Effect on end results:
This position has the primary impact on the overall effectiveness with which the Association accomplishes its purpose, goals, and objectives in serving the community. Therefore, the effectiveness of this position should be measured by:
• The YMCA of Metro North will maximize its financial resources available from philanthropic individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations.
• The Board of Directors will have the capability to give leadership to its fundraising responsibility.
• The community will better understand the YMCA programs and the need to support them.
• Branches and their advisory boards will maximize their fundraising potential.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Eight to ten years of fundraising experience. Proven fundraiser with campaign, major gifts, and annual fundraising experience
• Team-oriented leader with strong management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills; project management skills. Experience with Board volunteer management and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, flexibility and sense of humor
• Proficient in CSM Software and Microsoft Office.
• Commitment to the YMCA mission.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Evening and weekend work is expected and may be required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates can direct their resumes and cover letters to Paul Mantell, Vice President of Human Resources at email@example.com or my visiting the careers page on the YMCA website and applying online.