Media Impact Funders (MIF) is a national membership philanthropy serving organization (PSO) that advances the work of a broad range of funders committed to effective use and support of media in the public interest. Media Impact Funders informs, convenes and mobilizes a growing network of funders around the crucial role that media and journalism plays in democracy and social change through tailored programming that explores a broad range of issues and opportunities in the media funding field; facilitation of peer collaboration and resource-sharing to create or expand media effectiveness; collaboration with other PSOs to showcase the power and impact of storytelling through media; and more.
To meet the demands of the rapidly growing field of media philanthropy, Media Impact Funders is seeking a full-time membership and development associate responsible for supporting member recruitment, engagement, retention, and fundraising efforts.
• Under the guidance of the Director of Development & Member Engagement and the Executive Director, research, identify and prioritize funding opportunities primarily from foundations, and also corporations and individual philanthropists
• Maintain contact with current and prospective donors and members
• Draft development-related materials including renewal notices, acknowledgements, and other forms of correspondence with donors and members
• Manage and maintain the organization’s CRM database
• Contribute to other fundraising processes that help guide organizational planning as needed
• Research grantmaking data from funders and other stakeholders as needed for program and communications materials
• Work closely with communications staff around member engagement strategies
• Three to five years professional fundraising experience in a related field or organization
• Strong research skills, excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in collaboration with others and independently
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate technical complexities with clarity and simplicity
• Track record in managing multiple tasks, details and deadlines
• A quick learner, resourceful and flexible
• Strong planning, organization and time management skills
• Strong computer skills with expertise in MS Office Suite and CM database development and management
• Strong knowledge of the nonprofit and philanthropic sector
This position reports to the Director of Development & Member Engagement.
This full-time, 35-hour-per-week position’s salary range is $55,000-65,000. MIF offers a comprehensive benefits package, including complete coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance; a retirement contribution; a childcare stipend; a generous paid-time-off program; a flexible remote work schedule; and staff development opportunities.
Our office is located in Philadelphia. MIF staff has opted to continue working remotely post-pandemic, but we are currently transitioning to a hybrid work arrangement. The candidate must be available to participate in in-person at meetings and events around the country as needed.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in this position, a resume, and a professional writing sample of a recent grant proposal or donor communication to email@example.com and Development Associate Position – Your Name” in the subject line.