Philadelphia Academies, Inc. (PAI) seeks a passionate leader and visionary strategist to serve as its next CEO. PAI was established in 1969 to address the dropout crisis plaguing Philadelphia schools through a Career Academy Model, which has since been replicated nationally by over 8,000 schools. Today PAI’s programming focuses on Workforce Development Initiatives, Teacher & School Leader Support, and real-world Career Experiences. These efforts are designed to drive successful student outcomes with a particular focus on generating post-secondary and employment opportunities.
Mission: To be an innovative nonprofit organization that works with students, educators, and partners to improve outcomes for Philadelphia’s young people.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the CEO has responsibility for finances, impact, staff, operations, and implementation of the mission of PAI. The CEO provides strategic leadership for organizational development, annual goals and objectives, program implementation, financial oversight, and fundraising. Core responsibilities include Financial and Strategic Planning, External Relations and Development, Operational Planning and Management, and Leading a High Performing Team.
The successful CEO will be an active listener and learner, strong collaborator, and an inclusive leader. The ideal candidate will inspire and motivate staff, constituents, and funders to realize PAI’s mission, which is to be an innovative nonprofit organization that works with students, educators, and partners to improve outcomes for Philadelphia’s young people.
- Demonstrated administrative experience and understanding of the changing landscape of education.
- Ability to build upon the successes of PAI to create and execute its mission and vision.
- A motivational leader who understands the importance of empowering staff to achieve their best.
- Demonstrated commitment to building strong relationships with funders, educational leaders and other organizations.
- Experience attracting, mentoring, and retaining high caliber staff and leaders.
- Ability to foster robust engagement and partnerships with the wider community, including current and prospective funders, schools and organizations.
- Excellent listening, verbal/written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Possess strong fiscal management skills.
- A warm, approachable individual who is fully engaged with both internal and external communities and holds a positive outlook for the future.
How To Apply
View the full job posting here: https://diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/20179-pai-pres-ceo/
Diversified Search has been retained by Philadelphia Academies, Inc. to assist in this search process. Screening will begin in September and continue until an appointment is made. Applications (including CV, a cover letter, and the names of five references) should be submitted using DSG’s candidate portal. Nominations and inquiries should be directed electronically to: PAI-PresCEO@divsearch.com
Peter Gillin, Managing Director
Christine Falcone, Senior Search Associate
The Diversified Search Group
One Commerce Square, 2005 Market Street, Suite 3300, Philadelphia PA 19103
Compensation: The final salary will be competitive and based on the selected candidate’s experience. The range starts at $145,000 and will include a comprehensive benefits package.