Position Announcement: Executive Director, NC Network of Grantmakers
Located in: Raleigh, NC
Do you want to connect, equip and inspire grantmakers to elevate the people and places of North Carolina? Do you envision that all communities in North Carolina are valued and thriving and are empowered and supported by a robust philanthropic network? Are you a relationship builder able to bring people together for a common purpose?
If so, you may be the next Executive Director of the North Carolina Network of Grantmakers!
The NCNG seeks a strategic, visionary Executive Director to lead an entrepreneurial staff comprised of a Director of Programs and Learning and a Member Services Coordinator, who together work to connect, equip and inspire institutional philanthropy in North Carolina. This position is responsible for the overall health and development of the organization, and for ensuring NCNG lives into the values and strategic framework developed by its Board of Directors. The Executive Director should be a servant leader and have a deep understanding of philanthropy and the broader nonprofit community, develop relationships and partnerships with key organizations within the state and national philanthropic ecosystems, and foster connection and collaboration among members and other key stakeholders.
What will you do as NCNG’s next Executive Director?
· Lead the strategic implementation of the organization’s vision, mission, values, and goals
· Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with the Board of Directors, staff and member foundations
· Build, support and develop the staffing required to implement NCNG’s strategic framework
· Develop and execute against NCNG’s annual operating budget
· Lead the organization’s member retention and recruitment efforts
· Cultivate strong relationships among grantmakers
· Identify and foster opportunities for partnership and collaboration within the network
· Manage formal funder collaboratives
· Foster connection between members and the nonprofit and government sectors
· Represent NCNG to the membership and external audiences
· Work closely with the Board of Directors to support a strong model of governance
The North Carolina Network of Grantmakers (NCNG) is North Carolina’s only statewide forum for sharing information and promoting cooperation among North Carolina’s grantmakers. As a membership association, NCNG connects and supports a diverse community of more than 110 grantmaking organizations committed to learning and working together. Our members include family, private, public, independent, corporate, community foundations and corporate giving programs. NCNG connects, equips, and inspires grantmakers through networking, educational and professional development programs throughout the year.
Organized in September 2002 NCNG is a charitable venture operating under the fiscal sponsorship of the North Carolina Community Foundation.
Want to know more? Visit NCNG’s website at https://ncgrantmakers.org.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Executive Director
· Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred
· Deep experience in a foundation, nonprofit or membership organization
· Knowledge of philanthropic trends and practices strongly preferred
· Connection to and understanding of North Carolina’s philanthropic community strongly preferred
· Knowledge and understanding of public policy, advocacy and a strong voice to influence, defend and promote philanthropy
· Intellectually curious and seeks opportunities to learn and grow.
· Demonstrated ability to lead others with a focus on servant leadership.
· Experience in network management and dynamics
· Strong oral and written communications skills required, including public speaking
· Strong networking, relationship-building, and convening skills and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
· Commitment to and an innate sense of diversity, equity and inclusion
· Understands the implicit power dynamics inherent within foundations
· Creates meaningful, balanced relationships and collaborations based on common values
· Exceptional and intelligent listening skills, demonstrating humility and a sense of humor.
How To Apply
Think you are the next NCNG Executive Director?
Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in Raleigh, NC is conducting this search.
To apply, click on the link to North Carolina Network of Grantmakers’ position profile at www.ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume, and professional references. Finalists will be asked to provide a writing sample. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary range is $100-120K with benefits. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue through the application deadline of February 27, 2022.
The North Carolina Network of Grantmakers is an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, record of arrest or conviction or any other characteristic protected by law.