The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
Working in partnership with one of the country’s most dynamic, progressive voluntary health organizations, you will be an integral part of building the community of patients, families, and business partners. As Community Manager, and guided by senior development professionals, you’ll help accomplish our critical mission agenda through developing relationships with volunteer leaders and fundraisers, nurturing corporate partnerships and their creative thinking, which will empower them to succeed. Together we’ll reach the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
Directly responsible for three campaigns: A Night on the Town, Triangle Take Steps and Wilmington Take Steps, with a combined goal of raising $217,000.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships within the patient and professional community empowering them to tell their stories through direct fundraising
- Recruit and engage local leadership board and revenue committees and recruit volunteers who will be door opener and doers for our fundraising campaigns and programs
- A successful Community Manager is one that goes the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, uses that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way
- Devise and implement an annual engagement plan that includes volunteer, corporate and team, engagement strategies Identify, recruit, cultivate and lead relationships with volunteers, donors, teams, participants and committees inspiring and supporting them as they develop personal fundraising plans needed for the success
- Ensure revenue goal of $217,000 is achieved by developing and implementing year-round strategic fundraising plans on all Take Steps walks and special events
- Work with Executive Director on strategies as it relates to identifying and cultivating major gift and sponsorship prospects
- Focused on relationship development, you’ll provide positive customer service to all donors, participants and teams by responding promptly to requests and providing consistent year-round communication
- Create annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management Manage logistics to provide an inspirational day-of event experience for corporate partners and participants
- Communicate our shared vision by utilizing national marketing materials.
- You’ll develop a marketing and recruitment plan to raise awareness and increase community participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks and Night on the Town
- A commitment to provide hope to our patients, professionals and wider community through the Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks and special events.
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally & externally)
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency
- BA or BS degree required
- Three years of relevant experience required
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills Computer skills including basic data management
- Creative thinker/problem solver Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.
Job Link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=31227&clientkey=290516EC989E8E3CD8F9039C8D4973BE