About Moore Impact
Moore Impact, a 501(c)(3) exempt entity, is a Black-founded and Black-led institution. We provide fiscal sponsorship to community leaders and donors, helping them bring to life their vision for a more just world. Moore Impact also serves as a sponsoring organization for Donor Advised Funds (DAF), which allows individuals, families and institutions to create a structured and flexible giving fund from which they can manage all of their grantmaking, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Despite the altruistic nature of philanthropy, the field has consistently overlooked funding leaders of color who have the most lived experience in the very problems the sector is trying to solve. In an industry that purports its commitment to serving the underserved, the lack of diverse leadership and low levels of funding towards nonprofit leaders of color are clear indicators of the sector’s shortcomings. We established Moore Impact because we are committed to changing this norm. Unless more leaders who are intimately involved in navigating the challenges of systemic and structural racism are in positions of power, philanthropy will continue to perpetuate these inequities.
About the Opportunity
Moore Impact seeks a candidate energized to support the work of brilliant and innovative social change leaders, both domestically and abroad, as they continue to build upon their mission-driven work. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and commands strong attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate is curious, committed to excellent client service, including problem-solving, and has an understanding of and appreciation for the work of nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, the Fiscal Sponsorship Coordinator (“Coordinator”) will serve as support for fiscally sponsored projects and assist the Director of Special Projects with project management and administrative duties. The Coordinator will also collaborate with internal support services (operations, legal and finance, and grants management) to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of services for fiscally sponsored projects, clients, and team members.
The Fiscal Sponsorship Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Provide administrative and other support to the Director of Special Projects and team, as assigned, including scheduling, managing, and maintaining, calendars, meeting/convening logistics, attending events/meetings to oversee activities to ensure events/meetings run smoothly
· Maintain centralized database, tracking deadlines, communications, expenses, invoices, deliverables, and reports
· Partner with the Director of Special Projects to curate or support learning opportunities, meetings, and convenings for fiscally sponsored projects, Moore Impact team, and its networks and partners
· Support the development and maintenance of work plans to ensure quality outcomes for fiscally sponsored projects and team
· Manage multiple deadlines and consistently ensure priorities align with the needs and capabilities of the organization and stakeholders/partners
· Draft acknowledgments, decks, and other correspondence/communication to/for donors and partners. Respond to meeting requests and other general communication
· Assist in conducting due diligence on outgoing grants and manage reporting and deadlines of incoming grants
· Understand Moore Impact’s strategy to inform work with fiscally sponsored projects and participate in refinement and evaluation as needed
· Participate in regular check-in calls with the team and staff of fiscally sponsored projects, as needed
· Serve as a point of contact for fiscally sponsored projects inquiries, requests, and issues related to project support services
· Participate in supporting fiscally sponsored projects, including onboarding of new projects, collaborating with internal MI team to help manage a successful experience
· Other duties as assigned
Characteristics, Qualities and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in philanthropy, at a nonprofit, and/or on social impact issues, either in a professional or volunteer capacity; prior fiscal sponsorship experience a plus
· Experience in relationship building, stakeholder management, and partnership building
· Ability to function well within ambiguous environments with resilience
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing, and verbal skills for communicating and collaborating with broad and diverse stakeholders
· Ability to navigate sensitive operating environments and information, using interpersonal and mediation skills in respectful, collaborative, and diplomatic ways
· Experience with balancing competing priorities and sound judgment on when to escalate an issue
· Experience building strong and productive relationships with diverse constituencies, including individual leaders, networks and collaboratives, funders, and nonprofits
· A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
Moore Impact anticipates an annual base salary of $75,000 for the Fiscal Sponsorship Coordinator. Moore Impact is committed to supporting the staff with a benefits package which presently includes full medical, vacation, sick, and retirement. All benefits are subject to modification at any time.
Moore Impact’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We employ qualified people without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; ancestry; disability; sexual orientation; pregnancy or breastfeeding; veteran or military status; marital status; civil union or domestic partnership status; arrest record; citizenship; genetic information; gender identity or expression; status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
To Apply Visit https://moorephilanthropy.com/careers/ to submit an application. Please no phone calls or emails.