Orbis International is a nonprofit global development organization dedicated to saving sight worldwide. Our mission is to preserve & restore sight by strengthening the capacity of local institutions in their efforts to prevent and treat blindness. Our goal is a world in which no one is needlessly blind, and where quality eye care is accessible to all.
The Campaigns and Events Manager will implement and manage opportunities for Orbis to engage new and existing donors through in-person and virtual events, on-site program tours, and issue-focused fundraising campaigns to elevate organizational priorities. The position is a key contributor to the Development team responsible for raising funds to create and continue life-changing programs.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Campaigns and Events Manager, reports to the Director of Development and works closely with Orbis International Development team, in particular the Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships Teams. They will partner with Orbis’ program teams, especially the Flying Eye Hospital team. They will manage Orbis’ Events Consultant and liaise with external Campaign Consultants. The Campaigns and Events Manager will cultivate deep relationships with external stakeholders including high-level donors and the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee the execution of selected fundraising campaigns.
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration amongst Orbis team members.
- Provide input on campaign structure and design.
- Liaise with and support external campaign consultants.
- Provide project management for campaign activities, engage organizational stakeholders, and meet goals and timelines.
- Work with external stakeholders, including Donor Leadership Committee, to support their efforts and ensure they can meet their goals.
- Develop campaign collateral and assets based on existing Orbis messaging.
- Oversee the execution of development events including the annual gala, FEH Goodwill tours, cultivation opportunities, and stewardship events.
- Manage the Events Consultant responsible for event logistics (venue, catering, design).
- Manage event invitation lists.
- Support coordination of event programming, including messaging, content, and logistics.
- Collaborate and communicate with Orbis team members supporting events.
- Liaise and coordinate with vendors as appropriate.
- Manage and meet budget requirements and timeline.
- Travel internationally on-location to areas where Orbis does programmatic work to support high-level donor visits and ensure a smooth and elevated experience.
- Develop and manage donor itinerary and schedule.
- Manage logistics of donor visits, including hotel reservations, transportation, and Orbis materials.
- Coordinate with the program team to schedule meetings, tours, and relevant local program information and recent outcomes to share.
- Provide a high level of donor relations and communications at each stage of the trip.
- Support the Director of Development in managing fundraising plans for the organization’s top prospects, including planning, and executing stewardship activities, preparing materials, and ensuring activities are recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Interface with colleagues in other Orbis offices to share fundraising information, strategies, and ideas.
- Provide additional support for the Director of Development’s portfolio when needed.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Engage in monthly intentional equity activities to inform and drive conversations around how diversity, equity, and inclusion impact the philanthropy space.
- Contribute to a team that values inclusivity, innovation, and equity.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experience in fundraising, donor development, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing fundraising campaigns and/or events
- Leadership gift (major donor and/or corporate partnership) experience, including donor relations and communication
- Experience with project management and collaborating across departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and MailChimp
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior organizational and time management skills: ability to prioritize, adhere to deadlines, and multi-task
- Ability to manage a variety of projects on a domestic and global scale
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills: ability to represent Orbis in a professional manner with donors and stakeholders at all levels
- Trustworthy and discerning: able to handle sensitive information in confidence
- Efficient problem solver who is resourceful, strategic, and proactive
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to manage high-stakes logistics, pulls together many disparate parts of a project, and keep a clear view of the broader project goals and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and professionally diverse team as well as independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and work some evenings for donor events.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20%.
- Interest in development and the mission of Orbis.
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION COMMITMENT
Orbis International recognizes and values the intersecting identities people bring to the organization. As a global organization, Orbis welcomes qualified applicants who reflect the five Orbis values of Accountability, Caring, Commitment, Excellence, and Trust.
Orbis encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, lived experiences with their mission, and/or those belonging to communities that have been historically excluded and/or marginalized to apply. Frequently cited statistics show that members of structurally marginalized and/or underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Orbis encourages candidates to break that statistic and to apply.
How To Apply
If interested, please apply on our website with your resume.