VidaAfrolatina is an emerging international women’s fund that mobilizes resources and connects them with Afro-descendant women-led organizations in Latin America that address sexual violence. Selected through a participatory process, these organizations provide culturally relevant healing experiences in their communities and launch initiatives to reduce and, ultimately, eliminate sexual violence. VidaAfrolatina strives to fill a void in resources to strengthen and expand the work of Black women’s organizations.
VidaAfrolatina has conducted a pilot grant program through which applicants collectively selected our grantee partners through a participatory process. In the first quarter of 2021, we disbursed funding to four organizations. We will launch our second grant cycle in the first half of 2022. We seek an experienced Grantmaking Consultant to oversee our upcoming grant cycle.
Reporting to VidaAfrolatina’s Executive Director, the Grantmaking Consultant will 1) manage an effective, responsive, partner-centered, non-competitive grant cycle; 2) develop and implement capacity strengthening based on the guidance and needs of our grantee partners and; 3) support telling the story of the cycle’s impact by documenting experiences and outcomes.
In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Advisors, the Grantmaking Consultant will help shape and will manage VidaAfrolatina’s second grant cycle. Primary responsibilities are:
Manage grant cycle
- Co-design the non-competitive grant cycle
- Serve as the lead of the grant cycle, overseeing due diligence, application process, award payment, capacity strengthening programming and final reporting
- Serve as a primary liaison between grantees and our fiscal sponsor Global Fund for Women
- Manage the flow of information, communication and financial transactions utilizing the Salesforce platform
- Ascertain grantee partners’ interests and needs for growth, knowledge building, skill building and/or leadership development
- Plan and coordinate capacity strengthening training, experiences and virtual events
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Collect data about our grantee partners’ experience and the grant cycle process
- Provide input for donor proposals and reports
- University degree in a relevant field
- Experience planning, implementing and managing grant programs
- Experience working on racial justice, gender justice, human rights or international development issues
- Experience documenting and sharing progress, lessons learned and success stories of a program, organization or movement
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation, and/or learning
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Spoken and written fluency or high proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese and in English
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly learn Salesforce CRM platform
- Knowledge of African Diaspora, racial justice and gender justice issues in Latin American contexts
Required Behaviors & Qualities
- Comfortable with centering Black and Afro-descendant women in Latin America and beyond
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proactive and self-motivated
This is a contract position. While VidaAfrolatina is based in the United States, this is a virtual position open to candidates outside of the U.S., preferably in Latin America. Salary is competitive. Occasional weekend meetings may be required.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume or CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please use the Profile section headings to convey how your qualifications align with those listed in this job description and please indicate your level of spoken and written fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
Application Deadline: March 23, 2022