The James River Association (JRA) is seeking a full-time Development Operations Coordinator to be based at their headquarters in Richmond, Virginia.
About the James River Association:
Founded in 1976, the James River Association (JRA) is the oldest and largest river conservation group in Virginia and the only organization solely dedicated to protecting and restoring the James River. JRA has offices in Richmond, Lynchburg, Scottsville, and Williamsburg, as well as the James River Ecology School on Presquile National Wildlife Refuge. JRA pursues its vision of a fully healthy James River that protects the James and connects people to it.
Our core values: We are optimistic; We are catalysts; Credibility is our currency; and Community drives everything we do.
osition Summary: The Development Operations Coordinator will contribute to the development team by ensuring donor records are accurate, updated, and analyzed. The position will use data to support JRA’s annual fund program, working cohesively with each member of JRA’s Marketing and Development teams to execute our communications, stewardship, and fundraising plan and to meet our financial income goals. This position is based out of our Richmond office and is a hybrid position, with significant time worked from home as well as the need to work in the office generally 2-3 (partial) days per week.
The Development Operations Coordinator will work with a team responsible for raising a nearly $10M budget in Fiscal Year ‘23.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THE CRM:
• Maintain and fully utilize all features in our donor database, Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP).
• Ensure accuracy of database data and follow guidelines for standard entry of donor information.
• Utilize the CRM to its fullest capacity to meet fundraising goals effectively and efficiently.
• Reconcile gifts between NPSP and Quickbooks, in collaboration with our admin team.
• Create and run accurate reports to help support the development efforts.
• Enter and code all donations into NPSP to include but not limited to checks, online giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, matching gifts, and in-kind donations
• Oversee data integrity and processes, with duplicate management, security, and monitoring of integrations, such as FundraiseUp, Apsona, and Inbox.
• Responsible for database administration, including overseeing users, training, and internal support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WITH THE ANNUAL FUND:
• Under the supervision of the Asst. Director of Development, create and implement a comprehensive data-driven Annual Fund Campaign plan designed to achieve our ambitious goals, improve donor retention rates, upgrade existing donors and acquire new donors.
• Coordinate with Marketing in developing creative appeals, publications, videos, and social media related to the Annual Fund and with an emphasis on improving the community’s understanding of the importance of annual giving.
• Manage the renewal process for ‘due to renew’ and lapsed donors, including our lower level member direct mail program.
• Help ensure database accuracy of all donor records and produce reports that track year-to-year progress in areas such as response and conversion rates, participation, average gift size, donor retention, acquisition and related ROI metrics.
• Assist in financial projections for the development plan and budgeting through analysis of donor giving
• Run queries and reports that will help inform giving trends, campaign results, as well as the best strategy to target donors through direct mail and email communications
• Using Apsona, generate all gift acknowledgments in a timely manner (< 2 weeks)
• Provide support as needed on cultivation and stewardship events, including but not limited to, the Annual Meeting, and assist with table exhibits at non-JRA events that involve donor acquisition efforts.
• Other duties as assigned by the Asst. Director of Development and the VP of Development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must have experience managing a donor database – Salesforce experience is a plus
• Prior experience in running a successful Annual Fund Program
• Must be interested in data analysis
• Ability to compile and interpret comprehensive reporting
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to lift development materials and occasional event supplies/light equipment as needed
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Google Docs, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Provide administrative support for development operations.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment. This is a full-time, exempt position. A generous and comprehensive benefits package is provided, including 4 weeks of PTO, 12 paid holidays, 4% 401(k) match, fully paid employee only health and dental coverage, Life and LTD insurance. Salary will be commensurate with experience; expected salary range $39,500-$45,000. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but priority will be given to resumes received by August 15, 2022.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to Admin@TheJamesRiver.org.