Richmond Memorial Health Foundation (RMHF) grew out of Richmond Memorial Hospital, founded in 1957. The hospital welcomed people of all backgrounds regardless of their ability to pay. Richmond Memorial Hospital Foundation was created in 1977 to help ensure financial stability for the hospital. When the hospital outgrew its original location in Richmond’s Northside, patients and caregivers relocated in 1998 to what is now Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center. The assets of the hospital were merged into Richmond Memorial Hospital Foundation. The organization became an independent entity and was renamed Richmond Memorial Foundation and then later to Richmond Memorial Health Foundation to emphasize its focus on community health and its redefined mission as a grantmaker.
The next President & CEO of RMHF will be responsible for establishing approaches and accelerating the implementation of the Strategic Framework, supporting the Foundation’s culture and organizational development, and ensuring sound financial management.
- Develop implementation approaches for the Strategic Framework that are grounded in the Foundation’s core values and aligned with its mission.
- Support a culture of trust, learning, transparency and belonging where a diversity of perspectives is encouraged.
- Provide direction and resources to support the work of the staff and their professional development.
- Increase collaboration internally and externally
- Serve as the primary ambassador and spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Form relationships built on trust with the Foundation’s partners and other community leaders.
- Elevate the voices of community partners and of RMHF as leaders in innovative approaches to eliminating racial health disparities.
- Develop a network of philanthropic partners at the national level.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Foundation, including hiring and developing employees, overseeing program development, and working with RMHF’s vendors.
- Take an active role in the financial management of the Foundation, including budgeting, financial decision making, and protecting the Foundation’s assets.
- Lead internal work to establish benchmarks and expected outcomes to hold RMHF accountable for moving towards its intended impact.
- Support the creation of processes and procedures that help ensure continued implementation of the Strategic Framework.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Board.
- Ensure that the Board and each committee meeting runs smoothly, including providing information in advance of each meeting, being prepared to answer questions that arise, and following up as needed post meeting.
- Develop strong relationships with the Board to encourage members’ engagement and direction.
- Support efforts to cultivate future classes of Board members who bring skills and experience that are relevant to RMHF.
- Ensure transparency and open communication within the Board.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with RMHF CEO in the subject line to kwhitney@ WarrenWhitney.com. For best consideration, please respond by April 2, 2023.