About the James River Association:
Founded in 1976, the James River Association (JRA) is the oldest and largest river conservation group in Virginia and the only organization solely dedicated to protecting and restoring the James River. JRA has offices in Richmond, Lynchburg, Williamsburg, and Scottsville, as well as the James River Ecology School on Presquile National Wildlife Refuge. JRA pursues its vision of a fully healthy James River that supports thriving communities by protecting the James River and connecting people to it. We work through four program areas based on a model of individual engagement – awareness, appreciation, action, and advocacy. JRA’s core values are: We are optimistic; We are catalysts; Credibility is our currency; and Community drives everything we do.
The James River Association is seeking a Program Administration Coordinator. Each year JRA receives significant grant funding to support various aspects of our work, particularly in restoration and education. These grants require administration in the form of tracking of expenditures incurred pursuant to the grant (including personnel time), monitoring grant activity against budget, invoice management, project reporting and contract management. The successful candidate will perform these and other administrative functions by working collaboratively with key staff in a cross departmental capacity. This position will report to the Director of Operations and will work closely with the Senior Grants Manager and various program staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review JRA procurement policies and update as needed
- Continue or redesign expense tracking mechanisms including general project management and project budgets – tracking the various grants that directly support a project and/or serve as a match
- Administer Request for Proposals, agreements and contracts for project partners, including managing and following-up with invoices.
- Schedule calls, meetings etc. for project activities
- Provide support around federal funding and management of items to ensure JRA remains complaint
- Review of expenses relevant to grants, coding, and follow-up
- Financial reporting assistance for grants
- With input and assistance from program staff, create project/program tracking systems and templates that work within and across departments
- Assistance with writing agreements/contracts and working with partners to execute
- Manage invoicing with program partners, including sending out quarterly reminders
- Other duties as assigned; some travel around the state possible
- Bachelor’s degree and /or relevant experience
- Administrative experience and ability to learn new systems and databases, knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft office products, particularly Excel
- Excellent at problem-solving, meeting deadlines, following schedules, and overall time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate with partners and collaborators – including communicating with and working with diverse audiences.
- Strong communications, analytical skills, teamwork, integrity, and reliability.
- Valid driver’s license.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment. Pay will be commensurate with experience. This position is full-time, exempt. JRA is an equal opportunity employer
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
James River Association
Attn: Katie Ranger
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates starting August 25, 2021. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.