Boys & Girls Club of Rochester offers programs designed to empower youth to excel in school and lead healthy, productive lives. Our Club staff serve as caring mentors who provide positive relationships while they guide, coach, and motivate kids to be successful.
We are an out-of-school program open when kids need us most. Our membership is open to youth from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Club provides programs for kids and teens tailored to their specific educational and health needs.
For more than 20 years, we have provided our members with:
- A safe, positive environment. Our Club is a safe haven where members feel physically and emotionally secure at all times.
- Fun. Our Club facilities, staff and program offerings create a welcoming, positive environment that allows members to engage in activities, enjoy their play time and be happy and eager to come to Club.
- Supportive relationships. Our Club ensures safe & meaningful relationships with adults and peers.
- Opportunities and expectations. Club staff and programs consistently communicate the expectation that every child has the potential to excel, be productive and succeed at Club and in life.
- Recognition. Our Club takes every opportunity to recognize and validate Club members’ achievements and accomplishments
The Director of Resource Development works with the Chief Executive Officer to establish organization-wide strategies for growing financial resources for Boys & Girls Club of Rochester. Serves on the leadership team, coordinates with the Resource Development Staff, and oversees event planning, grant management, individual and corporate contribution development, and planned giving. The Director of Resource Development oversees staff, and carries a portfolio of development responsibilities. Also responsible for marketing and advertising, this individual leads the Resource Development Department, and has specific responsibility for major gift strategy and cultivation.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Provide leadership and direction to the CEO and Board of Directors in the effective operation of all development and fundraising activities.
- In collaboration with the CEO and Board of Directors, develop and implement a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development efforts.
- Ensure the evaluation of development activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors, and grow the donor base.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with funders and community organizations.
- Working together with department staff, lead, oversee, or manage the annual giving campaign; corporate, foundation, and government grant proposals and reports; and special event fundraising.
- Engage strong and robust involvement of volunteers, including the BGCR Board of Directors.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems to:
- track fundraising income, compile income status reports and variance reports; and
- recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters and special recognition events.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget, controlling expenditures within the budget and maintaining donor and financial records in accordance with standards.
- Supervise staff on the Resource Development Team.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Maintain good public relations with stakeholders and media; including clearly articulated Return on Investment communications with investors.
- Maintain strong branding and adhere to Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s graphic and brand standards.
- Lead and support all marketing efforts including annual reports, pledge cards, and newsletters as well as online marketing and communications.
- Provide support of various fundraising projects/initiatives assigned by CEO, such as endowments, major gifts and planned giving.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience in nonprofit organization, direct sales, or business development experience in a service industry.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-changing environment.
- Passion for serving children and youth, especially those who need us most.
- An equity mindset and commitment to racial justice.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexible and teamwork-oriented, attention to detail, self-driven, and initiative-taking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to resource development including resource management, communications and public relations, strategic planning, endowments and partnership development.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Strong partnership-building skills.
- Superb computer skills and comfort using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Working knowledge of budget development, control, and management.
- Working knowledge of grant preparation, reporting, and solicitation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, committee members, community groups, and other related agencies.
How To Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to:
Chad Campbell, CEO